*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2116787-Home-Remedies-For-Headache
Rated: E · Article · Research · #2116787
This article will provide you top ten home remedies for headache.
Home Remedies For Headache
We all are in the race of "Survival of fittest". Everyone's life is moving on such a fast pace that there is no schedule to sleep, eat, relax and as simple as that have time for oneself. But this lifestyle is having adverse effects on human health causing a serious issue almost in every person of headache.
Headache is caused due to disturbance in nervous system, stress, physiological changes in the head, constriction of blood vessels, abnormal neuron activity, genetic causes, excessive smoking, excessive drinking, lack of water in the body, oversleeping, overuse of pain killers, eye strain, neck strain, and others.
Headache does not trigger people of specific age, gender, genome, region or people having other specific traits. Every person around the globe is victim of headache. More or less children and teens are also facing the same symptoms as adults.
Headache can be categorized into different types depending upon the set of symptoms, happening for unique reasons and requiring different types of treatment. Following are few common types of headache out of 150 total types:


People find it is easy to pop a painkiller like aspirin, to have a cup of tea or coffee but as the time goes by people get addicted to those medicines and caffeine, they don't know whether to wind a watch or bark at the moon. Pain killers come with a host of ugly side effects, like kidney and liver damage; plus they don't deal with the root of the problem. So, there are natural toss off home remedies for headache, these are not ultimate cure but these are helping to cure headache from decades ago.
Top ten home remedies for headache:
Apply Vicks VapoRub:          
Rub a small amount of Vicks VapoRub on temples and forehead to help relieve headaches. The mentholated scent will release pressure in head and instantly relieve pain.
Apple cider vinegar:          
A daily intake of apple cider vinegar helps to maintain the body's acid-alkaline balance. Two teaspoons, three times daily in a glass of water is often sufficient to ward off a headache or a migraine. However if you do end up with a sore head a fantastic remedy is the vaporizing method which involves heating equal measures of cider vinegar and water in a pan and then inhaling the vapors until the headache subsides.
Cloves:          
Make a paste using 3-4 cloves. Apply this paste on the forehead. It would provide instant relief from the headache.
Ginger:          
The root is known to block prostaglandins that stimulates muscle contraction, controls inflammation and affects the release of some hormones. All of which, act directly on how a headache affects our body. Ginger can be used to cure headaches by various methods which are as follows:
Volatile oil
Harness the pain-killing power of the volatile oil present in ginger - just crush fresh ginger, boil with water, filter and drink the warm liquid and it will result in marked reduction in the intensity of headache.
Inhaling Vapors          
All is to do is crush a piece of ginger or use a tablespoon of dry ginger powder and add it to boiling hot water, inhale the vapors and get instant relief from a headache.
Paste of ginger
Another good remedy is to apply the paste of ginger on forehead. Just take dry ginger powder (as much as needed to make a paste). Add a little warm water to it and apply this paste over forehead. It is best to rest with eyes closed in a calm room to allow that ginger paste to take effect. It would result in instant relief from headache.
Massage:
Essential oils serve as headache treatments because they safely and effectively treat the headache trigger, getting to the root of the problem instead of minimizing the pain temporarily. There are no nasty side effects and have complete control of dose -- adjusting it in accordance with type of headache.
Migraine headache-Lavender oil and peppermint oil into the          temples and back of neck.
         Tension headache-Eucalyptus oil and Peppermint oil on the          temples, forehead and wrist.
         Sinus headache-Eucalyptus oil topically on chest, top of nose          and temples.
Lemon peel:
Lemon peel is helpful in solving migraine headache. Grind lemon peel to form a paste and apply it on the forehead. Let it dry and then rinse off with cool water.
Apple:
Eating Apple with Salt for 3 weeks helps to get permanent relief from Migraine.
Clarified butter:
Putting pure Ghee (made from cow's milk) drops in both the nostrils regularly helps to cure head ache permanently.
Juices:
Migraine can be treated effectively with the help of fresh          grape juice. Grind grapes to extract the juice. Consume the juice in          the concentrated form, without adding water.
         A mixture of carrot juice, either with spinach, beet or          cucumber juice, works effectively in curing migraine. Combine 300 ml          of carrot juice with 200 ml of any other juice and drink it.
         Mix 100 ml each of beet and cucumber juices, with 300 ml of          carrot juice and drink it on a regular basis.
         Watermelon juice mixed with sugar works well for headaches          due to exposure to excessive heat.
Honey:
For people who have chronic headache, drinking a glass of water mixed with a tsp of honey in an empty stomach is the best way to deal with it.
Disclaimer: These home remedies are not substitute for medical treatment. If symptoms remains, consult a doctor for better diagnose and treatment.

© Copyright 2017 HayaFatti (hayafatti at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2116787-Home-Remedies-For-Headache