*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2116885-the-deep-dark-of-night
Rated: XGC · Fiction · Dark · #2116885
a sample of the novel I am writing.
prologue

As soon as I heard the bang I ran and hid in the closet of my 25 year old mothers room. I knew the cold voice before I saw his face, kyle my mum's drunk and violent boyfriend kicked the door open and dragged my mum's limp, sobbing and broken tiny body into the room, “stand up bitch and look at me.” He dragged my mum by the hair to her feet, pulled out a hunters knife he always kept in his belt, smiled and slashed her throat.
I stood peering through the shutters on the closet door, stunned, watching my mothers dead body drop to the floor. As she hit the ground my body started to shake pure rage burning from the centre of my entire being. I stepped out of the closet slowly and deliberately and faced the man who had just ended my mothers life, he looked at me with an expression of shock and then he threw back his head and laughed “stupid boy, time to join your whore mother” he snarled. He started walking toward me slowly enjoying the moment expecting to find terror in my eyes, but he found none. I raised the gun I had found in the closet, he paused stunned, then everything went black.
When I came too I was standing over the mush of blood and pulp of what would have been Kyle's body, I had emptied the entire clip into his head then stamped on him over and over again. I felt nothing, no rage, no sorrow, just nothing.
My name is Richard Charles, this was the day my humanity died.
© Copyright 2017 Joshua_O'Shaughnessy (joshua_lyndon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2116885-the-deep-dark-of-night