*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2117234-Stockton-The-negatives
by Jord
Rated: E · Fiction · Dark · #2117234
So now i'm doing the bad parts of my town, which would be more specific
Ah Stockton, how you disappoint me in so many ways it literally drives me borderline insane, mentally and physically. As soon as I walk outside all I can hear is the illiterate speech of people asking for cigarettes as they have two in the box and still ask for more, persevering the cancer sticks and the future of lung cancer ahead of them, coughing as they chortle and being out of breath within a matter of seconds, the sheer sight makes me feel anxious for the health of people here. Another point of negativity are the crows. Crows don't sound like such a problem, but the glint of the eyes and the thought of death just by staring up to the circling birds sends a shiver down my spine, the thought of one of those birds on my future gravestone is a thought that troubles me. Not as troubling as people in this town thinking they can wipe the slate clean, finding the solution at the bottom of the Jack Daniels bottle. Driving terrible cars at top speed so drunk out of their mind they can't find the break pedal, destroying property for petty comedy in groups and causing mayhem, wondering how they ended up behind the cold and lonesome bars of the prison cell. The way the atmosphere feels makes me uncomfortable, the way the air is filled with tobacco and broken dreams, slowly killing me withe depressing pressure of failing in this dead end town. Honestly you cannot find a town like this one, if you're hopeless come visit, if not keep the distance.

Jord West
© Copyright 2017 Jord (jord.w at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2117234-Stockton-The-negatives