*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118266-The-Treehouse
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by slez
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest · #2118266
Flash Fiction Contest Entry 298 Words
"Jack, it's swaying."

"Mm, yeah, it's nice."

"No, it's not!" said Karen while gripping the back of the couch.

"Huh? You don't like it?" said Jack as he turned to look at his slightly pale wife. He then patted the couch. "Come here and sit with me. It's a wonderful view."

After she sat down, he put his arm around her. "Honey, it's a treehouse, you can't complain about a little swaying."

"I can't help it. I don't like swaying."

"Okay, okay," said Jack as he held Karen a little tighter. "It's a little windy tonight, but it's supposed to be nice tomorrow. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it when the wind dies down. I mean, this place is awesome, right?"

"Hmm… I don't know. It's like a normal state park cabin, only it's in the trees… and it sways."

Jack let go of Karen and his eyes grew big. "You don't like it?"

"I didn't say that. It's just different from what I expected. I don't know… I guess I'm still on the fence."

Jack shook his head and sighed. After an awkward silence he snapped his fingers. "I've got it! You should start writing your blog. You were planning on blogging about this anyway, and now would be a prefect time to write down your initial impression. Plus, doing something familiar may help you calm down."

Karen rubbed her chin. "Hmm… Maybe."

"I tell you what," said Jack as he stood up. "While you're writing, I'll make us something to eat."

"You?"

"Ah, something simple, I'll just boil that pasta we brought."

"Okay, deal," said Karen with a grin.

Three days later, back at home, Karen was finishing her blog post while Jack peeked over her shoulder. He laughed and said, "I love a happy ending."
© Copyright 2017 slez (slez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118266-The-Treehouse