*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118625-Tower-of-Power
Rated: E · Fiction · Death · #2118625
Chapter Five of The Innocent
                                                           Chapter Five
                                                           Tower of Power


                   Heidi's family and friends insisted there was no way that Heidi would just run away. Not her the," Tower of Power," nicknamed for her height of five feet eleven inches and a power house volley ball player. Many said she was beautiful enough to be a model, smart and hard working, happy, in school and planning her future.
                   "She was very strong and my role model," one of Heidi's team mates remarked.
                   " Heidi confronted her problem's." Lisa, Heidi's sister stated.
                   "One of the things they asked was would she just take off?", "No, she was too strong." Heidi's mother spoke out. Heidi had worked a part time job since she had been fifth teen years old and paid for all of her own thing's, her hair cuts, her contacts, and she had saved and purchased her first car. Heidi had a midnight curfew that she never broke. Heidi was in one word responsible. Heidi had way to much going on in her life to just take off.
                   Heidi was the youngest of two daughters that were four years apart in age. In August of 1993 Heidi had moved in with her Grandmother and her Aunt. Heidi excelled in life, never having enough time. She drove daily forty five minutes one way to attend college classes and worked the evenings at the D&W convenience store, then would stay up past midnight to fill time in for her boyfriend, Brett. Heidi never called in one day. She never took one break. A fighter in life. That was now missing.
                   Through out the week Brett continued to paint a pretty picture of his and Heidi's relationship stating they would be together forever. That they had been speaking of marriage, Heidi wanted to start having children at the age of thirty after she had accomplished her lives goals. "One of the reasons I fell in love with Heidi is due to her work ethnics, she wouldn't sit still for a minute.", "She would go out of her way ten miles to give me a kiss, a lot of the storms we get in this area, Heidi would wade through them." I would get sort of upset with her and say to her," You will see me in the morning." But, no she would come over and see me, even if she was dead tired and fall asleep in my arm's.
                   Heidi was so devoted to people that she started a support group for children and divorced parents called the banana splits. She even at work spread her love for children asking if she could implement a ninety nine cent movie rental on Saturday nights on the children's movies. Even after Heidi vanished people were still finding little pastel eggs that Heidi had taped through out the store. Buying an item with an egg attached meant that person could receive a free movie rental. One egg was attached to a package of baby wipes. A reminder to all of the things that Heidi spoke of that she had wanted.



© Copyright 2017 Mason Dain (thewidow at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118625-Tower-of-Power