*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118725-Flowers-from-a-Coffee-shop
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2118725
Flowers are so beautiful, wouldn't you agree?
William stared at the the flowers that sat positioned in the center of the table, placed neatly in a fine looking vase.

"William!" a voice coughed. William jumped, snapping out of his day dream causing him to tilt a little bit to much coffee in his mouth. William chocked down the coffee and looked to his right towards Rogan, who sat next to him.

Rogan reached out and presented a smoking pipe. "Dude, here. Have a cone." he said with a cough giving the pipe a gentle shake in indication.

William looked at the pipe shocked; placing the coffee cup down onto the table. "What. Here. In this coffee shop." William whispered in disbelief. He looked around the coffee shop hoping that no one heard. William had no problem with his friends smoking socially back home, but he has never smoked before. let alone in public.

"Wait. Please don't tell me you went all the way to Amsterdam to do what? Rogan glanced around quickly, spotting the Tulips on the table. "To see flowers? he scoffed, with a grin.

"Look." Rogan said seriously, re-positioning in the cubical. "As long as you are in the right frame of mind, everything will be fine. We have been friends for decades now, right?"

William grabbed the Pipe and lit, not normally giving in too peer pressure.

William stared at the Tulips with different eyes. The red velvet like petals stood tall with grace, presenting their recent blossoming in such a beautiful and elegant way. All together, cradled inside a vase of antiquity, which was made from the finest white porcelain and was complimented with a rich blue pattern.

William shifted his gaze to Rogan and said with insight. "I did wonder why you gave me a look when I ordered a coffee before."




© Copyright 2017 NipponFury (nipponfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2118725-Flowers-from-a-Coffee-shop