*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2119629-RIP-Junior
Rated: E · Article · Tribute · #2119629
A community stalwart has passed on.
People’s National Party (PNP) confidant Clover Haye aka Junior has passed on.
I penciled this with great sadness at the shocking news of the death of Junior, a veteran community stalwart and former bodyguard of former Prime Minister of Jamaica: The Most Honorable Michael Manley ON OM OCC PC (1924-1997). The news of Junior’s death seemed to cast a dark shadow on all of the highlights of March 2017.

In coming to terms with the understanding that death is a certainty, such thinking gave me the courage to reflect on the impact of Junior’s influence on our community. Junior had pioneered a number of innovative cultures in the district of Castle Kelly and adjoining districts. He introduced us to a full spectrum of lifestyles, like the powerhouse motorcycles. As for me though it was the classy Suzuki 380cc which captured my attention as a youth. With him, Karl and others he dazzled us with trailblazer vehicles and sparred with top notch affluent associates. Many of the youths at the time looked up to Junior as the trend setter.

Junior did not cease to capture our attention as he entertained us with the 'Count Haye Hi Fi' on weekends along with reel-to-reel movies at the Count Haye's Lawn. Certainly Junior had made his mark. He may not have been the favorite of all but his influence had its imprint.
May his soul rest in peace as he moved on to join his ancestors.
RIP Junior.
© Copyright 2017 Claude H. A. Simpson (teach600 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2119629-RIP-Junior