*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2120804-Shattered-Dreams
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Crime/Gangster · #2120804
Young girl runs away from home,seeking her dream of a singer,and dancer becoming a victim.
It was May 6,1985, a beautiful monday morning and I had to escape this nightmare, I just can't take the beatings, or grandma allowing men to come in this house knowing they were touching my private parts.Grandma Rose knew but she'd allow anything as long as they bought her 1/2 a gallon of bacardi and cigarettes. What did she care what they did to me, I was just a 12 year old girl her oldest son Amado made, and mother abandoned, and now she was stuck with the burden to raise.
I walked out the door to board on the school bus to only quickly run out the bus at it's next stop. "hey, you can't just get off the bus, I'm responsible for you,come back this instant!" yelled the bus driver. an older white man.
I ran as fast as I could down Grape st, and up Landis avenue. I knew i had to get on the greyhound to New York City, that would be my escape, I can make it there as a singer i thought to myself.
I boarded the bus to NY, and as i sat in my seat thoughts were racing in my head...where am I staying? how will I eat? I only have fifty two dollars left. Feeling lost and hopeless i quickly fell asleep. "we are now about to arrive at the Port Authority in Manhattan,NY, please remain seated until we arrive at your gate." I quickly awoke when hearing the announcement. I exited the bus and walked in the terminal, i saw beautiful girls of all colors, could they be models? "hey baby girl, where you going to looking so tender?" asked a black male dressed like he was rich, in a cream armani suit,and some green alligator shoes. I was so nervous I just kept walking faster, then it hit me," where are you going Jaz?, maybe you should try making friend".said my imaginary friend.
I saw a small diner named white tower, i was hungry so i decided to sit in there, maybe get a burger, and ask them did they need a waitress or a dishwasher." Yeah right, imagine you washing dishes, maybe waitress at least then you could rent us a room" said the voice of my imaginary friend. "hello young lady what can i get you?" said the voluptuous blonde waitress. "I'll have a cheeseburger platter and a small coke for here". I sat at a window booth staring at 42nd ave. I saw girls getting in and out of cars wearing lingerie, they were beautiful. "Hey there baby girl so we meet again, can i join you?" asked the same black man I saw in the terminal. " sure, I really don't like eating alone" i said with a smile in my face. "That's right Jaz, you better make him a friend, who knows he could be your ticket to stardom" said the voice in my head". "So what brings a pretty young thing like you to NY? "Well I write songs,sing,and I want to be a dancer ". "Well today must be your lucky day, because I am a scouter, and what I do is look for new talent, where are you staying?" asked the man. "Uhhhhh I..I. still don't know." I was lost, I had no clue, can't tell him I just ran away from Jersey and I have no where to go. " here's your platter young lady", thank you mam, "be easy Blue,she's a sweetheart" said the waitress to the man sitting with me. He just looked at her and smiled. " So now you know my name is Blue what's your name baby?" "My name is Jaz, do you want a platter too?" "No baby, i just ate but thank you". "Tell him you have no where to stay stupid" said the voice in my head. "Jaz, how about when you're done eating I show you around and maybe get to know each other, I got a show tomorrow I can take you to see one of my girls perform would you like that?". "Sure sounds great" said I with chills going down my spine.
"Hey Blue, I see you got some fresh work when you putting it out on the market man?" asked another younger black slim man that walked in the diner. "Excuse me baby Jaz, let me go holla at my buddy, be right back don't look at him or any other clown walking up in here okay?"." Okay blue". "Girl, you are green I see, welcome to the leisure life,you should come meet my folks I'd love to take you home with me". said a black girl that was sitting behind our booth. "Hi I'm Coco", " I'm Jaz, you live aaaa..." I thought I told you not to talk to people" said blue in a high pitch voice. Coco quickly got up and walked out. "I'm sorry you said clowns that walk up in here she was sitting behind me and just started talking when you left" "Come on baby you done? "Yes". he pulled out a twenty and handed it to the waitress called big reds," keep the change. "Alright yall you're in great hands baby girl" said big reds as we walked out to 42nd street.
© Copyright 2017 jazminah (chikie215 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2120804-Shattered-Dreams