*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2121441-Pain
Rated: E · Poetry · Emotional · #2121441
This is pain to me. What is pain to you?
What is pain?

Noun
Noun: pain; plural noun: pains

1. Physical suffering or discomfort caused by illness or injury.
"She’s in great pain"

2. Mental suffering or distress.
"The pain of loss"

Pain is an interesting concept, is it not? No-one knows the depth of anyone else’s pain. No-one knows what pain truly is to anyone else.

The worst part of depression is the pain- The knowing that you are too sad, and you want to be better, or maybe you don’t. Either way, you don’t know how. You now you will only get worse, but you don’t know what to do about it. You don’t know how to get better, or even if you want to.

That’s is pain is to me.

Pain is a horrible thing, something I wish I could take from everyone- I can bear it all, and I will not fail. That’s what Hell is for, to hold all the pain and suffering on itself so it may keep Heaven happy and healthy.

That’s is pain is to me.

Something that no-one wants, but doesn’t want anyone else to bear it either. Some push it to others when it becomes too much, then more people bear it for them. And we do it willingly, because we don’t want anyone else to have to live through all this pain.
Maybe Hell doesn’t exist- maybe there is just a place for us to share our pain, keep it from the world.

This is pain to me.

What is pain to you?
© Copyright 2017 Marie Silverwood (ren_storm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2121441-Pain