*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2121651-The-name-that-means-something
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #2121651
naming of an inanimate object
You named What?


When you were younger, you probably named your toys, or maybe other inanimate objects. In [insert date], I was sitting in the car dealership, waiting to get approved for my awesome 2012 Chevrolet Cruze. If you have ever bought a car you know the long process that it takes. As I was sitting there, I received a call that would change my life forever. My brother had called me to tell me that our grandmother was in the hospital and she wasn't expected to last the night. I couldn't cry, I couldn't think, I was at a loss for anything. My grandmother was everything to me, she basically raised me and helped me become the person I am today. I was devastated to say the least. I kept telling the loan officer that I had to go as my grandmother was in the hospital and I had to say goodbye and I love you. A couple of years earlier, we lost our grandfather and I wasn't able to say goodbye and it really affected me. Now at the time I lived in Oklahoma and my grandmother was by the Texas border, so it was going to be a 2 to 3-hour drive. I finally signed everything around 6pm, but still had to go home get the kid and some clothes, fill up the tank, because they never give their cars a full tank of gas, so I was finally on my way by 6:30. I made it around 10pm and luckily, she was still here, I was able to say goodbye and I love you, she also held on for my little sister to get there from Arkansas. My grandmothers name is Lila Rebecca Flower and so my cars name is Lila. You might think it is weird to name an inanimate object but there is probably a story behind the name. I miss my grandparents but my car reminds me that I made it and was able to say Goodbye.
Anna

© Copyright 2017 Anna Writer (luvwriting81 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2121651-The-name-that-means-something