*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2121738-Chasing-Ghosts
Rated: 13+ · Article · Adult · #2121738
Thoughts and expressions on current events. That give up, restart attitude.
Let’s not pretend we have not all been there. That place where the line blurs between expectations and the harsh, cruel reality. People change, people take advantage of the weak and powerless. You may think you have found your place in the world. Nothing is set in stone and things can change in an instant. Soul crushing, unimaginable things happen all around us. Maybe not to ourselves, but still causes a ripple effect in our lives. Murder, drugs, rape, violent acts against humanity. What do we do? We chase the dream of a better world. Like ghosts, we see but cannot touch or fathom on how to fix it. As we sit back and look at the chaos, the crash and burn of an era. Waiting on someone, something to hit that refresh button. Why fix something? When you can just start over and try again. I firmly believe we live in a society that doesn’t want to “Fix” anything. We just want to restart fresh. Maybe that is okay and possible in some situations. But it feels like to me, we are just pushing problems under the rug. Where is the unity and clarity we all need? Absent at a time when we need it most.
© Copyright 2017 J.D. Waldridge (jawsh00 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2121738-Chasing-Ghosts