*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2121831-An-Open-Letter-To-The-Universe
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #2121831
An important letter that I wrote to the universe.
Dear Universe,



Hi, it’s me again. It’s been to long since we’ve talked, I’m sure you’ve been watching the path that I’ve walked each and every day under your gaze. Thanks for looking out for me those days when I struggled to breath, leaving so many emotions on my sleeve. Things have been well, if you can’t tell. There were times where I still laid awake at night staring up at your celestial lights big and bright wondering when my time would come. I think that time is now and then some. You might be wondering why I wrote to you out of nowhere, and there is a reason I swear. This is not out of thin air. There’s something I needed to say, and what better time than today?



I wanted to say thank you, universe. You see, in your vast, endless, omnipresent being, most of your glory to far away for seeing, you put me right here. You put me on earth, this beautiful ball, with it’s blossoming spring and it’s glorious fall, when you could have put me anywhere you saw fit. Thank you for that, but that’s not it.



You see, it’s not just that you put me on earth, but also where. It’s like you planned out my placement with strategy and care, knowing what would become of me. I cannot understand why you did for the life of me! But I’m glad you did. Very glad, because since I was a kid I’ve looked up to you and said “I feel incomplete,” and you told there is someone who I will one day meet.



There were times where I thought you had made a mistake, and times where I felt like your answer was just fake because I looked hard and I looked forever for someone waiting for me. I met many people who I thought might be that person, but they came and the went, hoping the next one would be the heaven-sent. Each time it got harder to wait for the one you promised, and I even started to hate you and call you a liar. “There is no one I am supposed to meet” I screamed at you as I felt the heat of my emotions rising out of my skin. You told me to be patient, that my time will come. As I said before, that time is now and then some.



I want to thank you, Universe. You kept your word. I know that all of my wishes did not go unheard, because I know now that the heaven-sent is out there. Because I have met them. All it took was one look into their eyes and I could see they were sent from the skies by the one who promised me they would come. Just one look and I could see the love I wanted to unlock, I could see the person that I wanted to walk beside me on the path you give me, holding my hand as she travels with me. She’s amazing universe, but you know that, don’t you? And I’m sure you’ll have it planned out, won’t you? You have never failed me before, and I’ve always walked right through every door you have put in front of me, and I have never regretted a single step.



I just have one more wish, Universe. The next time you put a door in my way, whether it be next year or next week or even today, make sure to make it a little wider, because when I open that door and I make my way through, I want to make sure that there’s room for two.



Sincerely, Me
© Copyright 2017 LocalZero (localzero at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2121831-An-Open-Letter-To-The-Universe