*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2122154-The-Fly
Rated: E · Short Story · Family · #2122154
How to get rid of a morning pest
The Fly


         The darn thing landed on my nose waking me this morning. It must die! Even before it's landing - it's buzzing around my head almost drove me insane. The landing on my nose was the last straw. I jump out of the bed run into the living room to get a fly swatter. I am going to end this madness now. Returning to the bedroom I do not see or hear that stupid thing. Okay, I think to myself. Laying the swatter down, I walk across the bedroom. I climb back in bed, relaxing back into a peaceful sleep. BUZZ rolls into my ears. It can't be-- I tell myself. I raise my head just a little lifting it off the pillow to hear better using both ears. Nothing! Ease back down all comfy!
         What the heck? It can't be the darn thing is back BUZZ in my ear...ZOOM right by my head, ZOOM back again. ZOOM again saying to me catch me if you can! "You're on!" I think as I jump back up out of the bed and run to get the swatter. Again, nowhere to be seen. DARN IT! Okay, I will fool the fly. Climb back into the bed, snuggle back down with fly swatter in hand! I lie there and listening—nothing! I listen still— nothing! I drift off into a peaceful sleep. I wake a half-hour later with the same annoying sound! BUZZING around my ear. Enough is enough. I climb back out of bed.
          Surrendering the bedroom to the stupid thing. I get dressed and go into the living room. I put the fly swatter close. If it comes in here it will be killed! I sit down in my lazy boy chair with a cup of coffee placed the fly swatter on the end table beside me. I get all cozy. I reach for my cup of coffee and there sitting on the rim is...yeap! That darn fly! I have to give credit where credit is due. This one fly has balls. I reach for the fly swatter and it flies away. Leaning back in my chair with swatter in hand, I impatiently sip my coffee, as if I am waiting on some major happening in my life. How tied up I have become in getting rid of this early morning pest.
I watch t.v. and finish my coffee. Take my cup into the kitchen. BUZZ!!!!! You have got to be kidding! I can not escape this most aggravating, tiny pain in the butt insect.
         When I see the perfect chance. I hear it in the window. I will trap it and squish it with all the frustration it has caused me. I hurry to get the fly swatter. Awww there it is! Cornered—like a trapped rat! I ease toward it, careful not to spook it! I lean in for the kill. I watch it for a moment...I vision it's heart jumping out of its chest. I imagine it's fear. I lean closer, and open the darn window!!!! Sometimes I am such a softy!


(word count 513)


© Copyright 2017 Maci (maci202 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
© Copyright 2017 Maci (maci202 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2122154-The-Fly