*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2122218-Continuous-Looped-Music
by QPdoll
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2122218
Entry for the Writer's Cramp 5/20/17
We were driving down the country road coming back from shopping and he was flipping through the radio stations. He never liked to listen to any one station. I think he flipped around to give us some variety sometimes but most of the time, when we were all in the car together, we had to listen to classic rock.

"Oh, that was a good song. Go back."

"Uhm, okay. I'm glad you think it's good."

"It is."

He tuned in NOW 96.3 again and Ed Sheeran's Shape of You rang out of the speakers. He shook his head and rolled his eyes.

I'm in love with your body, and last night you were in my room, now my bedsheets smell like you.

"It is a good song, isn't is Valerie?"

Her head almost hit the roof of the car as he traveled down the bumpy road.

"Yeah, it is a good song, it's just I'm not going to like it very soon because it plays in the store and I'll hear it at least four times in my four hours. It's going to get old for me real soon, and I have to work a double-shift tomorrow. So that's probably when it will get on my nerves and I won't want to listen to it on the radio anymore."

"Well, that sucks."

They continued their drive home and finished out and sang along with the song. It was obvious he didn't like the song but he tolerated it for his girls.

The song ended and he flipped the station right away before another song came on that he didn't like.

"Thank you, Daddy."

He just smiled at her in the rearview mirror.
© Copyright 2017 QPdoll (eager2write at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2122218-Continuous-Looped-Music