*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2122219-Continuous-Looped-Music
by QPdoll
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2122219
Entry for the Writer's Cramp 5/20/17, Updated 8/22/17
Pounding the buttons on the stereo while driving down the bumpy country road with his wife and daughter, Dan complained.

"There's never any music on the radio."

"Oh, Dad stop there. I love this song."

A sigh escaped his mouth. "Fine. I'm glad you think it's good."

The frown on his face made it obvious he didn't like the music. He preferred classic rock over today's pop music. But his daughter liked it so he'd let it go for now.

"It is good," one daughter murmured.

He tuned in NOW 96.3 again and Ed Sheeran's Shape of You rang out of the speakers. He shook his head and rolled his eyes.

I'm in love with your body, and last night you were in my room, now my bed sheets smell like you.

"It is a good song, isn't it Mom?" Valerie said.

Her head almost hit the roof of the car as they traveled over a big bump. At that moment, with no warning, a deer jumped out in front of the car. Dan slammed on the brakes and came to a dead stop just as the deer ran off into the woods on the other side of the street as quickly as it appeared.

Valerie picked up the conversation as if nothing ever happened, while Mom and Dad tried to catch their breath.

"It is a good song, it's just I'm not going to like it for very long because it's on our new CD for the store and I'll hear it at least four times in my four hours at work. It's going to get old for me real quick, and I have to work a double-shift tomorrow. So that's probably when it will get on my nerves and I won't want to listen to it on the radio anymore."

"Well, that sucks," Mom replied.

They continued their drive home with Mom and Valerie singing along with the song. It was clear Dan didn't like it but he tolerated it for his girls.

The song ended and he flipped the station right away before another song came on that he didn't like.

"Thank you, Daddy."

He just smiled at her in the rearview mirror.


Word Count: 350
© Copyright 2017 QPdoll (eager2write at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2122219-Continuous-Looped-Music