*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2122549-Whats-love-got-to-do-with-it
Rated: E · Editorial · Romance/Love · #2122549
A personal editorial by WakeUpAndLive
When I know your soul, I will paint your eyes.
Amedeo Modigliani


Finding your soulmate is on average against all odds because romantic love is not easy to find.

I will explore love in three ways. With the poet, with the psychologist, and with the person. Three ways "I" to be exact, this is my view on an extremely powerful subject and highly significant to me since I just fell in love.

A soulmate can be defined here as a person ideally suited to another as a close friend or/and romantic partner.

Romantic love is most often seen as a set of beliefs and feelings about love projected on one another.

William Shakespeare wrote in the comedy Loves Labors Lost: “AND WHEN LOVE SPEAKS, THE VOICE OF ALL THE GODS MAKES HEAVEN DROWSY WITH THE HARMONY."

In Social psychology passionate love involves absorption in another person, sexual desire, tenderness, and intense emotion.... Compassionate love is sometimes considered to have two components: intimacy and commitment. Intimacy is the warm, close, sharing aspect of a relationship.

Personally, I find the combination of the poetic, the passionate, and compassionate component of finding a true soulmate in life irresistible. But is it possible?

Claim: Finding a soulmate and true love is highly improbable.

Opposing argument: Irrationality and fantasy are the reason why most of the falling in love falls out of it again. Reality is a difficult match and often the reason for a short-lived fling.

A reason refuting the opposition is turning irrational thoughts and fantasy into works of art providing a safety net for falling out of love again.

I think I have found my soulmate and true love almost 4 weeks ago by coincidence.
Coincidence is a highly romantic feature of life. So to me, it’s the full circle.

Tina Turner sang: “What’s love got to do with it”. I answer her light-heartedly: it has everything to do with it. Love is all you need! Plus a little common sense, of course! Because let's face it: life and time will tell.

Word count: 332

Note
© Copyright 2017 WakeUpAndLive️~🚬🚭2024 (wiesblaize at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2122549-Whats-love-got-to-do-with-it