*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2123033-Thesis
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2123033
Flash fiction entry for 5/27 words: Stolen Draft Plan
"....love it when a plan comes together"

As Dan came awake he wondered who was talking. Rubbing his eyes and rolling up from the couch he realized that he had fallen asleep with the TV on, an A-team rerun was playing. Seeing his laptop screen dark he was instantly awake, a jolt of panic evaporating any fog left in his mind. Touching the keys it woke from sleep more slowly than Dan. When it did he could see his graduate thesis was still there.

He saved it to the computer, the cloud and a USB then emailed it to his personal and school email. The final draft was so close to finished. Two years of work and research and all he had left was to finish the last appendix and the last proof read.

Splashing some water on his face and downing a Coke he went back to work. An hour later he let out a sigh, he was done. He had managed to finish a week early. That deserved a reward. All his friends would still be working and probably hate him if they knew he was done so a night out would have to wait. Luckily Dan had just the thing in mind.

Hidden in the back of the freezer behind a bag of peas no one had bought and something unidentifiable was his mother's last care package. Homemade tamales and a mini pecan pie that would go perfect with a cold beer and the satisfaction of a job well done. Only the food wasn't there.

What had happened who had stolen it?

"James." He muttered knowing it had to be his roommate. However before he could get too worked up Dan suddenly remembered having eaten it himself during an all-nighter earlier in the week.

"so....Pizza I guess."
© Copyright 2017 Michelle (nubrain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2123033-Thesis