*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2123507-Tradgey-is-a-Gift-Too
Rated: E · Article · Philosophy · #2123507
A short work about life lessons.
I've made a lot of mistakes in my life, and making mistakes while having crippling anxiety is hell, anxiety will never allow you to forget about the mistakes you've made, which I'm prone to making mistakes, but the worst part of it all, is knowing that there's people out there that I've hurt, some physcially, but most mentally and emotionally, people who were trying to live, and suddenly had their worlds flipped on its head and their hearts broken.
That's what I'll hold onto my whole life, until death frees me, I'm reminded of the faces of people who trusted me, and I failed them, I failed one of my biggest supporters when all they were trying to do was love me, I was too blindly caught up in myself, but I guess that it happened for a reason, to rid me of my egotistical and selfish ways, to make me a more kind and generous person.
But it was at the expense of something I may never see again in my life, a real true person who always tried to attract my attention, who worked tirelessly to see me and do good by me.
But that door is closed now, those times are gone along with that person, along with a big chunck of my so called "friends".
Remember that a good person is forged from moments that test their strength and faith, from lessons that bring forward wiseness, kindness, and loyalty, the moments of our lives truly do ready us for the next chapter of our lives, and if hardship comes, it only means that we're meant to be just a bit stronger for the next chapter.
No good story is written in an hour, it takes time for the ideas to flow, for edits to be made, for everything to be checked over 1000 times, Rome wasn't built in a day, so why should you as a person learn to build yourself in a day?
Turn the page to the next chapter of your life, and put your readers at the edge of their seats, give them a ride worth talking about.
© Copyright 2017 Steven J McLain II (stevenmclain2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2123507-Tradgey-is-a-Gift-Too