*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2123778-Muffins
Rated: E · Fiction · Family · #2123778
A sorcerer from space lands on earth and meets a friendly robot.
Muffins
Earth the year 20XX a sorcerer known throughout the universe has landed his ship outside the capital city of Sequoia. The Sorcerer had come here looking for a book of spells which would make him stronger- not that he wasn’t already quite strong. As he walked into the city people looked at him and his black as night robe with the hood covering his yellow eyes and jet black hair, they knew who he was.His name is Giggus. He was known throughout the universe as one of the strongest magic users who had ever existed. He scanned the stores and buildings,stopping at a small bakery named Sam’s. He could smell the sweet scent of baked goods and other treats making him realize he was quite hungry. Perhaps a small detour couldn’t hurt. . .- He started to think only to have his thought interrupted by a deep growling noise.Looking to his side he saw what looked like a Robotic-Husky tied to a signpost, Much like a guard dog. “What is it this time Mix.”A curly red haired woman said as she walked out of the door wearing an apron. She paused and looked at the man before her.
“Ah yes,hello. . .”Clearly she knew who Giggus was by the expression of uncertainty on her face
“You are Sam i'm assuming? ”Giggus asked looking at the red headed woman before him.
“Yes however I am going to get more supplies. . . but the little one at the counter should be able to get you what ya want. . . Mix keep watch” With that Sam went to go get more ingredients.Giggus walked into the store despite the robotic dog’s protest.
“Hello!~”Waved a small robot girl from behind a counter.She had pink hair like cotton candy, with pale colored artificial skin.Her life like appearance nearly caused Giggus to do a double take.
“What would you like?”Asked the pink haired robot
Giggus approached the counter and scanned the menu.
“Two chocolate chip muffins.”
“Okay!”the little robot smiled and hopped off of the stool it was standing on and went to grab two muffins, itput them in the bag and gave them to Giggus.
“Here you go!I hope you like them!”The little robot said smiling.
The Sorcerer sat down and took out one muffin out of the bag. The muffin looked freshly baked with sugar sprinkled on top.He bit into the muffin, the taste of melted chocolate entered his mouth, a quickly ate the rest. It was one of the best muffins he had ever had. He turned and looked at the little robot who appeared to be coloring a picture.
“Did you make this?”He asked
The little robot nodded.
“Yep!well I had a little help from miss Sam when I was putting the batter into the tins”The robot smiled
“Do you have a name”
The little robot nodded again.
“My name’s Hyper!~” Beamed the robot
The sorcerer smiled “that's a pretty name” He said
“Hyper I’m back”Sam said bursting through the door with groceries in hand and Mix following close behind her.Mix who quickly walked up to Hyper seemed relieved she was still in one piece,then he looked at Giggus with a look that said,I still don’t trust you.
“So,did Hyper here get you what you wanted?” Sam asked as she shooed the little pint sized robot away up some stairs into a house portion of the bakery.
“Yes actually,it was one of the best muffins I have had recently”
“Good,she’s been trying to perfect her recipe”Smiled Sam“Though her pouring accuracy could use a little work” She laughed slightly.
“She looks pretty humanoid for most robots i've seen and acts somewhat more human to”
“Yes well my sister who lives on Cyanos is a Roboticist she builds robots as her job now most were used in warfare but I sent in a design and she made Hyper a child-like robot with advanced AI chips that allow her to act behave and learn like a human child,she’s even energy efficient using sugar to power her core.”
“She’s quite advanced,This would mean her AI chips are one of a kind right?”
“Yes, the AI chips were so complicated to design that even my sister,Linda had doubts about putting them in a robot like Hyper” Sam paused before speaking again and looked around almost as if she were worried.
“You see Linda’s old partner, Dr.Kent Kranus or Kranus for short he wanted those chips to be used for more. . .should we say military purposes. . .”
“I see. . .”Replied Giggus
The two talked for quite a while,eventually Giggus left and returned to his ship. The next day as he passed by the little bakery again hoping to get what he actually came to this planet for,perhaps visit the bakery and then leave this planet for now at least.However his plans were delayed when he heard a loud BANG and CRASH coming from the bakery he turned around and went into a bakery.
When he entered he saw Hyper being help up by her throat by a large robot with claw like hands and a heavy build.
In another room he heard Sam’s voice.
“Kranus! You are reacting in a completely irrational way.”
Giggus ran in seeing Sam and a man wearing a black lab coat with combed back yet somehow messy strawberry blonde hair bright green eyes.
“Now Sam If you would just give me the chips the little robot of yours doesn’t have to be blown to bits by prototype robot DK-000”
“H-Help!” Squeaked the little robot squirming trying to break free from a much larger robots grip.
Giggus Immediately took action,being a sorcerer he used his magic to freeze the robot's circuits and then he used a large beam like attack to obliterate the robot's body, all that remained was its core which fell to the ground with clink a dull red hue. Hyper who was still shaken but unharmed with the exception of a few red marks where the larger robot had been holding her looked at Giggus then at Sam and Kranus. Kranus turned his head around slowly and looked at Giggus with the expression of blatant worry and tried to dart out of the room. Making a run for it Kranus did not get very far when Mix stopped him at the bakery’s entrance, Growling and with police and followed by Giggus. The police immediately arrested Kranus and managed to shove him into a car. . .with a little help from Giggus of course.Once the commotion was dealt with Giggus went back to retrieve the core, perhaps it could come of use he thought to himself.Sam thanked Giggus profusely for stopping the robot and Kranus,the the Hyper did something odd. . . she ran up to Giggus and hugged him, she tried to at least .Giggus didn’t know how to respond, he stood there shocked and confused not knowing what to do. Sam pulled the little robot away.
“Okay Hyper let's clean this place up alright”
“Okay~”Chimed Hyper
“. . .perhaps I could stop by later?”Giggus asked
Hyper smiled and nodded,Sam agreed. Giggus slightly smiled and walked out of the bakery.
END

© Copyright 2017 Marshmallow (phantomess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2123778-Muffins