*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2124310-Report
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #2124310
A ma reports about an amazing discovery he's made. But....something happens...
6/14/2077
I am a killer.
Wow.
That sounded…..well, wrong.
Please understand that my experiments were merely failures. I am in technicalities, not a murderer.
They killed off themselves.
The product Z-X is a chemical that is very harmful to some unfortunate souls. Unless contained and rendered harmless, it can basically tear through the human body and slowly “dissolve” it. A.K.A. , rip the tissue into shreds. You would expect a 18 year old boy who is constantly in the library to manage to tame this chemical right? I quite literally didn’t think I could either but apparently I can. And I did. Well, am. I am currently working on being the first to change humans in themselves. I can make them better. However…...the failed experiments….well…..they aren’t alive….but they aren’t dead either. They….they’re stuck in between. Something went wrong with them. They don't have minds. Mindlessly wandering around a room, that’s all they do. I hate to kill them all off…..but I only need one alive. The one who had first been my tester. I don’t know her name. She’s 01 to me and that’s all. She’s the only one I need alive, because it worked for her……..barley. She’s in constant pain and the only way she can get rid of it is by killing. That’s how I kill off the Failed ones. In fact, i’m doing so now. With caution of course. I’ve been quietly walking down the large underground hall, listening for her. 01 is a tricky one. I’ll give her that. I pushed the patient into her…. “Bedroom” let’s call it - for sanity’s sake. Anyways, the patient seemed terrified. I watched through the window curiously, wondering what could make them that terrified. Out of the corner of the window, I saw what looked like a…..tendril? I can’t explain it more. It looked like a huge black octopus tentacle. It wrapped around the failed patient slowly, and snatched them into the air and out of sight. I rushed back to the other end of the hallway, breathing slightly heavily as I warily looked back. ‘That’s some crazy shit..’ I whispered to myself, trying to calm myself down. It didn’t work of course, but taking my medication would. I grabbed the bottle and took my pills, still breathing heavily as I grabbed my water bottle. I was tense and needed to relax. I sat into my seat and let out a few quick breaths. I quickly wrote a recount of what happened in one of the many journals I owned. I sat back in the chair, my legs on the desk. I still had 3 hours left, but I didn’t want to work. Had to though, I got some new test subject I needed to work on. After a few minutes of almost falling asleep, I drank the rest of my monster drink and turned up whatever music was on at the time. I clicked a few buttons, and the hall in front of me seemed to blur a bit. I closed my eyes, getting dizzy from the transportation of the hallways. I opened them again to see a brighter, more room filled hallway. I stepped in, my footsteps echoing across the long, alluring hallway. I pulled the handcuffs out from their holding place on my belt. I entered a small-ish room and turned on the lights. My new test subjects looked up at me in fear. I grabbed them all one-by-one and dragged them to their new rooms. Cells are more….dehumanizing.
End report.

6/17/2077
Subject 23-1 is becoming similar to 01
Subject 23-2 (who received a higher dose) is currently unresponsive to everything.
Subject 23-3 is currently in a coma-like state
Subject 23-4 is receiving low doses everyday. So far, a success.
Subject 23-5 is receiving above average doses everyday. So far, completely functional and working.

6/22/2077
Subjects 23-2 and 23-3 have woken up and gained function of everything. The are walking around normally

6/24/2077
10:00 A.M.
Subjects are getting free reign around society today.

11:36 A.M.
I handed each of them modern clothing. “These are what you’ll wear today and i’m going to assign you names.” I said, watching them. “01 will join you today, but be careful. She’s barely stable enough right now to be around others.” They nodded in response. “Names are on the board.” I said, pointing.

23-1/female/17 Name: Rae
23-2/Male/17 Name: Cameron
23-3/Female/18 Name: Lena
23-4/Male/16 Name: Collin
23-5/Female/21 Name: Tess
01/Female/21 Name:
I didn’t know what to put. Let’s see….do I know any greek names? That’s where she’s from after all. I wanted this to be a diverse group. I looked up names and settles for a perfect one.

01/Female/21 Name: E
01/Female/21 Name: Ele
01/Female/21 Name: Eleni

I smiled and waited for them to put on their clothes and receive their names. They did. Putting them in public however, was the worst mistake I ever made.

2:43 P.M.
I regret everything. This may be the last entry I ever write. They killed everyone! The entire city! Deserted. 01……..they’re turning them….the good humans, not what they used to be. I made a mistake. 23-2,3,4,5. Failure. Mission Failure! I can’t ….they don’t see me as their creator anymore. They see me as another regular human. They want to inject me with it.

With the Chemical
I can’t do it though. I can’t. I’ll die. I’m already weak. They can’t see me. I’m quickly writing this down in case they hear me. I’m hiding in the under level. A hall, just empty. I’m in one of the rooms. They don’t know this is here. I should be sa fgghj bgnghjnmkjnh
>
>
>End Report.

His head had been bashed on the keyboard. He lay there, blood tangled in his mopey, clumped hair. Rae, Cameron, Lena, and Tess. That were their names. And 01. Eleni. Rae, Cameron, Lena, Tess, and Eleni.

Normal looking people. Normal clothes, normal faces. Beanies, shirts, skirts, even one had a 90’s outfit on. They looked normal. They seemed normal. They were not. The five circled around him. They looked up in unison at the last camera that had been on. (on the way to him, they had broken the others). Normal eyes turned black, With different colored glowing pupils for each kid. Normal clothes ripped. Something came out of their backs. Tendrils. Eleni had black ones, Tess had red ones with thorns, Lena had dark (almost olive) green and ocean blue ones. Cameron had two only (while the others had way more) and his were sleek, brown ones. They seemed to be tattooed. Rae had bandage- wrapped tentacles spewing from her back. Normal, turned not normal. The camera experienced a few glitches and turned off.
© Copyright 2017 derangedHipster (thatonegreek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2124310-Report