*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2124377-Spaceshot
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2124377
Three Minute Read
Spaceshot

“Throttle down!” yelled Sam.

Andy jumped, then grabbed the throttle, “What? What was I doing wrong this time?” he asked, somewhat panicked.

“You were just going a bit too fast. You have to juggle everything, just because you’re changing direction doesn’t mean you can stop paying attention to everything else. You could’a flipped us, you don’t wanna know what it’s like to flip this bucket, I’ve done it! Just relax, this isn’t rocket science, well,” he chuckled, “actually it sorta is...”

“I will never get this! I can’t do anything right!”

“Sure you can. You remind me of myself when I was learning. It was hard, but I got it eventually, so will you. You’re smarter than I was at your age! Just keep your nose down and pay attention.”

Andy took a deep breath and focused on the controls, slowing down and making the turn. He looked at Sam, smiling, but Sam didn’t look so good. “Sam, are you all right?” he said, anxiously.

“Ah, I just forgot to take my pills this morning, no biggie. I’ll take them as soon as we land on Teptune. I’m just feeling a little dizzy...” he said, then slowly slumped down into his seat, apparently unconscious.

Andy looked at his teacher, panicked. They had to get to Teptune, and land, if Sam didn’t come to, Andy would have to do it himself. He shook himself, and then took control. Suddenly his mind was clear, suddenly he knew exactly what to do. Checking the course, he flew on to Teptune.

Sam peeked out at Andy without moving. He thought of his old teacher Mr. Picket and how he had finally gotten Sam over his panic attacks. Seemed to be working on Andy too. Sam closed his eyes again, trying hard not to smile.
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2124377-Spaceshot