*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2124395-The-Fidgeting-Ginger-Pigeon
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Children's · #2124395
Children's book which includes the issues like ADHD and bullying e.g. ginger.

Chantelle Ashcroft

The Fidgeting Ginger Pigeon



Page one:

Jonny was a pigeon.


He was a fidgeting ginger pigeon and had no friends because they didn't like that he was different and a fidget. This made Jonny sad.

There were some other pigeons who were different as well. Jordan the pigeon wore glasses, Grace the pigeon had more speckles and Sarah the pigeon had a smaller beak than the rest. The other pigeons teased them too.


[picture of ginger pigeon being surrounded by a group of normal looking pigeons and the three other outcasts.]

[a montage of pictures of him knocking food off the table when sat with his parents and whilst they're all in their little wooden beds, he keeps fidgeting and the bed creaks and wakes his parents up]


Page two:

Jonny's fidgeting was becoming worse by the day and his parents were going mad. They decided to send him off to learn how to stop fidgeting and love his colour.


So off Jonny went to find out how to become a better pigeon who loved himself.


[picture of Jonny next to his parents with a little suitcase]


Page three:

Jonny flew for miles and miles until he eventually grew hungry.


[picture showing a town full of people and him flying over the top of them and with some birds flying around him]


Page four:

He landed in a city centre on the roof of a pastry shop.


[picture showing him on top of the pastry shop with a speech bubble saying "This smells so good! I want one!"]


Page five:

The only problem was, Jonny had to try and be sneaky and discreetly take the pastry but with his fidgeting, everybody saw him and chased him away.


[picture of his feet moving up and down to show his fidgeting and a picture of him being chased away]




Page six:

He eventually found somewhere else to eat.

He landed outside a small caf

"Mum, mum look! That pigeon is a weird colour!" a small child shouted.

"Don't go near that thing! It could be carrying all sorts of diseases" the woman said and moved her hand towards Jonny to scare him away.


[picture of the child stood next to her mum pointing at Jonny and him looking sad]


Page seven:

Jonny had started to get really upset.


He flew into a park and sat on a bench.


He started to try and pull his ginger feathers out so he wouldn't be different, but it hurt too much.


[picture of him sat on the park bench with a speech bubble saying "Why does nobody love me?" with a small pile of ginger feathers underneath]


Page eight:

Sat underneath the tree opposite his bench, was an elderly lady holding a bag of bread.

Surrounding her was a load of different coloured pigeons.

The elderly lady was feeding them.

Jonny decided to go and take a closer look.


[picture showing the old lady surrounded by the different pigeons with Jonny sat in the background on the bench]


Page nine: DOUBLE PAGE

"Hello there, little pigeon, would you like some bread?" she asked him and threw a small piece of bread towards him.

Jonny started to get very worried and his fidgeting started. His wings were flapping ever so slightly and his little feet were dancing up and down. The old lady laughed, "You're a little fidget, aren't you" Jonny tried to hide himself.


"You don't need to hide. You might be a little fidget but you are a beautiful little fidget. You have absolutely no reason to hide."

Another little pigeon flew over to him. This pigeon was as white as snow. "You don't need to be ashamed of who you are. You should be proud of your colour and proud of your fidgeting. You shouldn't have to control yourself to please everyone else"

Jonny smiled and hopped over with the other pigeons and had some of the bread.


[Double page spread of pictures showing him fidgeting and with the other pigeons and with the white pigeon]



Page ten:

It was time for Jonny to go back home. He was embarrassed that he had ever tried to pull his ginger feathers out and couldn't wait for new ones to grow back.

He said goodbye to all his new pigeon friends and the bowed his head to the old lady and flew off home.


[picture of him flying in the sky with the old lady waving from the ground surrounded by pigeons]


Page eleven:

When Jonny arrived back home, he went straight to his parents and told them about his journey.


"Well done Jonny" his mother said. "You can finally see yourself for the beautiful pigeon that you are"

"We'll just have to get used to your fidgeting because that's you and we shouldn't have expected you to change for us" his father said. "We love you for who you are"


[picture showing him back in his family tree with his parents]


Page twelve:

He then went to tell the other pigeons about his journey and how he was proud of who he was.

"Everyone is different. You all have something different about you. Jordan wears glasses, Sarah has a smaller beak than the rest of you and Grace has more speckles than any other pigeon. That doesn't make them different. It makes them beautiful.


[picture of him telling the others as they all stand in front of him. Also picture of all the three other pigeons mentioned.]


Page thirteen:

Jonny was finally a happy pigeon and loved himself for who he was.


[picture of a happy Jonny]


Page fourteen:


THE END.










© Copyright 2017 Chantelle (flash_girl97 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2124395-The-Fidgeting-Ginger-Pigeon