*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2125581-Catalyst-Ch-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: GC · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #2125581
The Job and the Compromise
The trio made their way into the store as Russian stood at the front counter ringing the customer bell non-stop. The storefront was dim and the shelves didn't have much stocked on them. Leya immediately noticed First Aid items like bandages, minor medicines, and alcohol. She quietly made her way to the other side of the aisle, leaving German and Marxie to gathering the Food Bars that was conveniently at the front of the aisle. Her face was covered but she can still smell the stench of the swine that was lurking somewhere in the building. She can hear Russian still ringing the bell at the counter so maybe he hadn't made it from the back rooms.

As she began to pocket what she can, she heard a snarl. The floor can be heard trying to support what ever weight it was holding and the stench that was visibly imprinted in the store got stronger as the sound of someone trying to breath got louder. Leya ducked and continued to pocket what she could as fast as possible and then darted for the entrance where she would wait with the other two for the signal.

Russian insistently rang the customer bell until he can see the shadow of the beast that now approached. It was faster than his size should permit him to move and he could hardly fit though the door frame but as he squeezed through the grotesque vision was revealed. Part human, part swine; he was a half ton monster covered in sweat, mud, and probably feces. He wore an apron over a shirt two times too small for him and no pants. He scanned the room before he walked over to Russian who just menacingly stared. Once he got to the side of the counter Russian had been calling him over to he picked up the bell, threw it on the floor, and crushed it with his hoof. He looked outside where Krot watched over the buggy and snarled as he changed his glare back to Russian.

"I've never pegged a Droid to be working with that pitiful excuse of a..."

"Who I travel with and why is none of your business pig. I'm not here to make besties...i need ammo. Do you have it or not?" Russian cut him off and began to show his superiority. He understood what the swine was doing and nipped it in the bud. He couldn't risk the swine figuring things out, it was only luck that the swine was not stupid enough to face off against an android. He watched the swine step back and shamefully look away as he waddled his way to his back room. Russian surveyed the room and noticed that everyone now stood closer to the entrance awaiting the signal. As Russian heard the Swine man squeeze through a door frame that led to the back room he prepared to give the signal. Just then two piglets turned out of the back room and made their way to the counter where Russian stood. In an attempt to shoo them away he waved his hand at them and made a clicking sound with his tongue. The piglets looked at each other and went on their way.

Marxie grabbed her stomach and intensely stared at Russian awaiting his signal. The pain was starting to intensify the longer she sat still. She began to regret her stubborn decision to ride along with the group. Her stomach now burned with irritation and discomfort. Leya had warned her that she would be a nuisance but she disagreed. Now she had to suck it up and bear the pain until they got home. As a bead of sweat ran down her face she felt someones stare. She turned around to meet Germans concerning look. He softly smiled and gave he a reassuring pat on the back. She turned back and waited for Russian who was still standing at the counter.

The Swine man was gone, why didn't he think it was clear to go?

That's when she heard the pitter-patter of tiny hooves walking across a wooden floor. It was at this point that it became clear that this mission would be a guaranteed fail.


© Copyright 2017 KassCatS (madpringle at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2125581-Catalyst-Ch-2