*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2125627-My-Angel-in-the-Skies
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #2125627
Sametimes we all need an Angel
The skies were dark. Black clouds loomed over the soldier's head. He laid in a hole dug with haste in an instant of desperation. He was covered in mud, a blank look on his face as he stared at his weapon. No. Not emotionless. That was the problem, his emotions were out there. They were the ones fighting him, shooting at him. Wanting to see him laying lifeless in the mud. He often thought about giving in, he looked at his weapon and thought about how easy it would be. Quick and simple.

"No", he said to himself, "If im going down, Im going down fighting."

He arched his back off the muddy wall of the hole and stood up to fire.
He felt it before he heard it. The bullet hit right in his heart. He fell back into the hole. He looked up at the sky as everything started to become cold and blurry and.... He smiled. It was going to be over soon.

In an instant, a pillar of light burned through the clouds illuminating the area the soldier laid. A figure decended down the light. As it descended, the soldier could make out the figure. It was an Angel. He watched as she flew further and futher down he could make out more of her. She was the most beautiful thing he had ever laid eyes apon. She was clad in magnificant armor and wings of brilliant light.

She touched down ever so softly and as the tip of her foot hit the ground a wave of light rippled accross the battlefield. The enemies he was fight just seconds ago, his emotions, went up in ash. The black clouds that lingered over them began to dissipate and let the sun and the blue skies return. The most fascinating thing of all was the area where she had landed. It began to sprout grass, and flowers! The soldier had not seen this beauty in years. The grass spread until he could no longer see the mud he had been standing in.

He looked at the Angel in awe. "Who...are you?" He asked.
"I was sent here by the essences of Life." She said looking at him smiling.
He let his gaze shift down to her left hand where a radiant ring sat on her ring finger. It was magnificent. A ruby sat in the middle surrounded by diamonds. The work was intricate. The ring, though, was much more. He felt a connection with it deep in his soul.

He was still staring at the ring when she lifted her hand to point at a meadow just a short walk from where they stood.

"There." she said, urging him forward.

They walked through the new grass all the way to the open meadow. He felt a flutter in his chest. The meadow was filled with flowers of all kinds and singing birds. Cardinals. Then, something caught his eye. Another person. The person turned around slowly, he then noticed it was the Angel in human form.

He looked behind him at the Angel, "Who are you..." he could barely choke the words out.

"I..." she said turning him towards the girl in the meadow, "...am your future."

He whipped around fast only to find the Angel had vanished. He turned back to the girl... The Human Angel in the meadow. She was looking at him, smiling, with eyes that pierced his soul. He walked over slowly. This feeling in his heart growing as he got closer to her.

He was right in front of her. His eyes watering as he stared into her eyes as she said "I have been waiting my whole life for you my soldier."

Tears now streaming down his face, he was forced to his knees. The weight of his love overcoming him. His hand involuntarily moved to his pocket. He reached in and pulled out a small box. Inside was the Ruby ring. His whole world fell silent as he offered the ring to the Human Angel. Tears were in her eyes as she took it and agreed to be his wife.

She had saved him. She was his Angel in the Skies.
© Copyright 2017 Mr.Cheese (mr.cheese16 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2125627-My-Angel-in-the-Skies