*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2126308-Running-Club
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2126308
Flash Fiction
Running Club

“He lies.”

“He bends the truth.”

“What’s the difference? If it’s not true it’s not true. Even if it’s slightly bent, it’s a lie. He’s misleading people into believing what they want to believe, but that’s not actually what’s happening, hence, a lie.”

“You don’t know it won’t actually happen. He’s not saying that in the letter, he’s saying they are doing everything possible to keep the Running Club despite needing that field for softball.”

“Right, and not adding that it had already been passed by the board, before he even wrote the letter, that our field is now designated for softball. We didn’t even know it was an issue, we didn’t even get a chance to let people know, to get people to the meeting who could discuss it with the board!”

“So, what are you going to do?”

“Thwart him. Mrs. Francis is on the board, she likes the running club and knows it was never discussed with us beforehand. She came up with an idea. We are going to have a march supporting Running Club! We will march around the field all day Saturday. Spread the word!”

“What will that possibly do to further the cause? The field has already been designated for softball.”

“But, the edges all around the field will be trampled down, and we will petition the newly ‘trampled’ area for running club. After all he said he would do everything possible to keep the Running Club, he can’t possibly say no to us then. Win, win!”

“Jane, your father must have cringed when you got old enough to go to his middle school. Do you ever give him a break?”

“I keep him honest, doesn’t that count?”
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2126308-Running-Club