*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2126347-Immortal-Danger-Chapter-One-Part-Two
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Elle
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Paranormal · #2126347
Maxwell's POV
She was damn beautiful. Although the women in this industry usual were. But this girl, Lilliana, was different. Her beauty was natural, even behind the little makeup she wore. Her features soft and delicate. Those eyes a slap in the face. Reality reminding me that I was a monster. I might as well have been looking into the eyes that haunted me every day. Every night. Those dark emotions stirred in me and I slipped. She had seen the flicker in my eyes. The intensity of the silence growing between us stirred something deep. Touching the darkness in my soul. Shaking my inner core.

Just as Evelyn had. Shit.

I stood and offered my hand to her. “I promise it will be absolutely euphoric Miss Lily.”

The drugs would kick in soon. It was nearly midnight. The music would be changing soon. To something more appropriately fitting for a club atmosphere. And I wanted an opportunity to feel that fine body. Where the dress hugged it just right. The scent of her vanilla scented shampoo assaulting my senses. Igniting a fiery burn in my chest. I wanted. No. I needed to be close to her.

She was hesitating. Interesting. “Lilliana?”

“Lily.” She corrected me. “I’d love to.”

She regained her composure. Had been trying to look strong and confident the whole time. Of course, I knew better. The way her heart raced in her chest the entire time. Her pulse point visibly throbbing at the base of her neck where a few golden blonde strands had fallen free. Whether she noticed it or not, she kept spinning the gold band on her middle finger. There was an encryption on it but I couldn’t read it. She was nervous. I suspected she was a cop. But her unwavering decision to share a pill with me squashed that notion. But that didn’t clear her completely. There were plenty of other threats to our empire.

I led her down to the dance floor, the music beginning to take on a club beat. The sound reverberating off the walls and back at us. I could feel every vibration. Every sound pulsing through the room. I didn’t need the drugs for that. This was how I felt the world around me every day.

Lily, though, was beginning to feel the effects of it. Her body pulsating against mine. I buried my face in hair and inhale deeply. God she smells damn good. Luring me further into her. My hands explored her body, every inch to etch it into my mind. Business associates came and went very easily in this industry. If by chance the deal fell through, I wanted to remember Lilliana Grace. There was something alluring about her. A mystery that was in her eyes the moment we met.

I let the music take hold. Lily became an extension of me and only me. A moment in time that felt remotely real. A connection that would not be broken easily. She was pulling me into her. A strange feeling. I can’t recall a time that I was so enthralled with a woman. Correction. I could remember. I chose not to.

Why was I letting my guard down? Getting wrapped up in this woman? I knew there were prying eyes on us. From all angles. But I also didn’t care. I was Maxwell Curtis. Untouchable. A front-runner in the industry. I was respected and treated as if I was Silas himself. And I demanded it.

So why was I letting Lilliana break through?

I looked up to the second floor and eyes stared down at me. A raised brow and arms crossed. Lincoln. It pulled me back to reality. I became fully aware of the mistake I was making. Breaking the number one rule.

Mixing business with pleasure.

I pulled away and turned her to face me. Her eyes fully dilated and enveloped by the effects of the drug. This girl was quite literally putty. I could have had my way with her in so many ways. But I had too much gentleman in me. I took her face in my hands and fixated my eyes on her.

“Go home Lilliana. Forget that we danced. When the cool air hits you outside, you’ll recover with little side effect. Go home and sleep it off luv. I’ll call you in a couple of days to arrange delivery.”

She nodded with a glazed look in her eyes. “Good night Lilliana.” I kissed her on the forehead and inhaled deeply. Vanilla with a hint of cinnamon. I smiled. How fitting. Sweet with a bit of spicy. “Go on now.”

Without hesitation, she followed my instructions and made her way through the meshing of bodies to the exit. I watched, if only to ensure my coercion took fully and once she was out of sight I returned my stare up to the second level.
Lincoln shook his head. He was in a foul mood this evening.
© Copyright 2017 Elle (llctaylor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2126347-Immortal-Danger-Chapter-One-Part-Two