*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2126887-Tick-Tock-Goes-The-Clock-p2
by Tick
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #2126887
Soldiers from his past return for him
         Tick had finished explaining his story to Hera, with nothing more to say he stood up and opened the door for her. Not wanting to seem rude, Hera got up and left the hutt after saying a farewell. The door closing behind her and she walked off into the night. Tick had revisited memories that he didn't wish to remember so to distract himself he went to his work table to tinker with the metal Hera gave him.
         The sun soon began to rise and Tick left his hutt before anyone could see him, wandering off into the forest. After a while of walking, he decided to climb into a tree, perching on a stable branch. Tick couldn't help but wonder why the woman wanted to know about him so much. It had been moons since someone had approached him.
         The silence of the forest was soon broken by the sound of hundreds of feet hitting the ground deeper in the trees. Tick jumped from tree to tree until he found the source of the noise, a large group of soldiers are marching through the forest. Tick stayed hidden but soon realized that they were headed for his village. He recognized the men and women as soldiers of a far off kingdom. He knew why they were there, for his mother had told him stories of humans dressed in silver being the ones who destroyed their home.
         His movement was hidden by the sound of marching as he followed the soldiers to his village, watching as they pushed around the people who lived there. When nobody was looking, Tick snuck to his hutt, grabbing what he could. After quickly grabbing some of him possessions he darted off into the trees but was stopped. He had bumped into Hera, knocking them both to the ground.
"You? What are you doing?" Hera asked frantically. "The soldiers are in your village, aren't you going to do something about it?
         Tick got up, pushng past her and started to climb a tree. Hera tried asking again but he made a screeching noise to stop her.
"I told you before, I'm no hero. I'm leaving while I still can, and you should do the same." Tick said in an aggressive tone.
         Tick knew he couldn't fight, especially not a whole group of soldiers. Before Hera could have time to think, he was gone but she wasn't going to stop. Following him closely, no matter how fast he was, she managed to keep up until he had enough. Jumping down from the tree, getting in her face.
"Why are you following me? Do you really think I could stop those soldiers? All I have is a bow, there are hundreds of them. Do you just think I can do anything because I helped you? Those were a few thugs. These are armored soldiers. You can't stop me from leaving, so just worry about yourself and find somewhere safe to hide." Tick said.
         And just like that, he was gone. Disappearing into the woods yet again. Days pass of Tick travelling before he stops in a city. He stops at a marketplace to buy some food. The atmosphere is quiet, people are out about their business. The salesman tries to create chat but realizing Tick doesn't want to talk hands him the food in exchange for some gold. He began to leave the marketplace when all of a sudden something hard had knocked him out, falling to the ground he dropped his food. Waking up in a dark room, he had no idea where he was.

© Copyright 2017 Tick (blue-lagoon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2126887-Tick-Tock-Goes-The-Clock-p2