*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127179-Pakistani-Dramas
Rated: E · Article · Drama · #2127179
A journey from black and white screen to fictions

"Pakistani Dramas-A Critical Analysis":

In the world of today, media has become as necessary as food and clothing. It has played significant role in strengthening the society. Media is considered as reflection of the society which is responsible of portraying negative as well as positive aspects of the society. Even, it plays a key role in creating a perspective of an individual. Pakistani entertainment media has always been a vital platform to provide quality entertainment to the people. In the previous decades, television had not several entertainment channels apart from PTV (Pakistan Television). When it comes to classics, PTV still rules our drama industry. The golden era of PTV from 50's to 90's produced some of the best masterpieces that are evergreen hits. Some PTV dramas are considered all-time favorite in which "Dhoop Kinare", "Unkahi", "Alpha Bravo Charlie"," Tanhaiyan", "Waris", "Parchaiyan", "Alif Noon", "Ainak Wala Jin" and "Khuda ki Basti" lingered in minds of audience for a long time. However, they did not use to be the echo of society and did not use to highlight the social issues like acid attacks, transgenders issue, offensive behaviors faced by working women, etc. But those dramas used to be consisting over unique dialogues, super class actors and interesting story plot. Moreover, most of them were witty.

But now time has changed and trends as well. Today, several entertainment channels have come into being and the media industry has transformed. Because of the presence of number of entertainment channels, new refreshing faces are getting chance to enter in showbiz industry and are earning fame by just a little effort. Youngsters are availing this chance and prevailing very quickly in showbiz industry. Moreover, these entertainment channels are also trying to highlight the taboos in our society like" Udaari" in which the topic of child abuse was raised, "Khuda Mera Bhi hai" in which the life of a transgender and the ill-behaviors of society with them was portrayed, "Chup Raho", which talks about forbidden issues which are always swept aside for the sake of family and "Ilteja" which talks about the problems of children suffering from down syndrome. But due the increase in quantity, the quality has decreased. The channels have not variety of plots and due to less number of good writers, every channel is just trying to make dramas, without giving importance to the story plot. Therefore, the quality has decreased with a lack of good dialogues, realistic acting and charismatic story plots. The young entries are being casted in dramas without training. For example, a new drama which is being on-aired on HUM-TV "Gila" has new actors in lead role and their acting is not impressive at all. In the same way, the dialogues in comedy programs now days are so much disgusting that one can't watch them with family and they have only" Abey tabey" while in past Moin Akhtar, Anwar Maqsood and Babbu Baral were some legendary comedians with superb sense of humour. In addition to, the recent drama serials are also being controversial like "Zara Yad Kar" in which the topic of Halala was discussed, "Pakeeza" in which the wife lived with his ex-husband after divorce because of her daughter and so on.

I think that the level of Pakistani dramas is decreasing day by day because of the poor dialogue delivery, irrelevant cast and nonsense script. But good dramas are also being made like "Sang-e-mar mar", "Sadqe Tumhare", "Zindagi Gulzar Hai", "Mera Naam Yousuf Hai", "Nikah"," Pyare Afzal", "Dastaan", "Humsafar", "Daam", "Auan Zara", "Mein Abdul Qadir Hoon", "Mata e Jaan Hai Tu" and "Jackson Heights".

We should try to make dramas with powerful cast, beautiful dialogue delivery, strong screen-play and realistic script. But with all misplays, Pakistani dramas have always rocked.



© Copyright 2017 Atika Khan Yousufzai (atikakhan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127179-Pakistani-Dramas