*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127313-the-seven-nomads-chapter-4
by jay
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #2127313
the graveyard
chapter 4
Mariah put the bottle to Charlie's mouth, and poured in some of the green liquid. He swallowed it and began to stir. He began mumbling something under his his breath. "The trees....the trees....I must return...." he mumbled. Then he opened his eyes. He looked up at Mariah and blinked. "Charlie! You're awake!" she said, excitedly. "Where are we?" he asked, wearily. "I don't know," she said, "We're lost." Charlie yawned and stretched. Then he sniffed the air.
"Well, "he said, "It appears that we're not as lost as you might have thought."
"What do you mean, Charlie?" she asked.
"I recognize this areas smell. We are near the graveyard, my lady," he said. When Mariah heard this, she stood up and looked around. Sure enough, abot one hundred yards away, she saw several large gravestones. "Oh, thank Plaru," she said. "You were right, Charlie, old boy. A few minutes later, the elf was up and around.
"We sure showed that troll, didn't we, eh?" he said. Mariah nodded. "We barely escaped," she said. "If it wasn't for you, I might not be here right now."
"That's what friends are for," he said, "We have each others back." Mariah smiled at her elven friend, and held her hand out to him. He hopped up onto it, then onto her shoulder. Then Mariah walked towards the graveyard. She had someone to see.

© Copyright 2017 jay (jay37 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127313-the-seven-nomads-chapter-4