*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127314-the-seven-nomads-chapter-5
by jay
Rated: E · Chapter · Fantasy · #2127314
Mariah in danger
chapter 5
Phillipe chopped a large log in half and wiped his brow. He threw the pieces of wood onto a large pile of newly chopped wood. Then he grabbed his cantene and drank the last of the water in it. Just then, Mariah's father ran up to Phillipe and said, "have you seen Mariah?" He sounded shaken up. Phillipe dropped his axe and turned to face the aged ruler. "She went exploring with Charlie," Phillipe said, "About an hour ago. Why? Is something wrong?" Mariah's father looked very troubled. "We need to pack up now!" he said, "We're leaving!"
"What?!" said Phillipe, "Why? What's going on?" Mariah's father picked up the axe and said, "Some of our men saw a group of trolls at the edge of the forest of darkness. They were moving our way. We have to move, now. I want you to go find my daughter and bring her to safety, understand?" When Phillipe heard this, he got a knot in his stomach.
"I'm on my way, my Cheif." he said. As Phillipe turned to leave, the cheif grabbed his arm. "I'm serious, Phillipe," the cheif said, "You know how important Mariah is to me. I could not bare to lose her like I lost my wife. Those trolls are animals, and they must be destroyed before they destroy us!" With that, the cheif turned and walked away. Phillipe watched as the old man limped away. Then he picked up a spear and went to find Mariah.

© Copyright 2017 jay (jay37 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127314-the-seven-nomads-chapter-5