*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127682-New-Beginnings
by nelady
Rated: E · Novel · Romance/Love · #2127682
Couple reunites
Megan Griffin is sitting in a corner booth in the Country Haven, enjoying a night out while her sons, Jordan And Denver, are bowling with their girlfriends. A tall, athletic man with salt and pepper colored hair walks in and causes all of the women to stop and stare at him and wonder if he is single. He surveys the crowded room before sighing heavily with exhaustion and makes his way to the bar. He looks at the woman behind the bar and says, "Hi. Could I please have a cup of hot black coffee?"

Carly looks him up and down in a predatory manner and wonders how she can get him into bed with her. She sets an empty cup in front of him and fills it with hot fresh brewed coffee. She looks into his blue-gray eyes and says, "Hello and welcome to Cedar Creek. My name is Carly and if there is anything I can do for you please let me know."

Dan takes a tentative sip of his coffee and sighs with relief as the hot liquid soothes his aching throat. He looks her over with no interest and says, "Sorry, ma'am, I am already taken."

Carly bristles at being called 'ma'am' and says, "I don't see a ring."

Dan looks around the room then smiles when his eyes land on Megan. He looks at Carly, picks up his cup and says, "Please excuse me." then he walks over to where Megan is sitting. He looks her over with masculine appreciation and says, "Hi, Meg. May I join you?"

Megan looks up into the blue and gray eyes of their sons then smiles and says, "Yes, you may join me, Dan. Jordan and Denver should be here shortly."

Dan sits in the booth across from her, sits his cup down and watches as two young men come walking over to the booth. He stands up, hugs his sons and says, "Hi, boys. Good to see you again."

Jordan slides into the booth next to his mother and says, "Hi, Dad. What brings you to Cedar Creek?"

Dan and Denver sit in the booth across from Jordan and Megan then Dan says, "I am the new owner of WCCM."

Megan looks at him and says, "Paul told me that he had sold the station but he didn't tell me who bought it. I am so glad that it was you, Dan. When do you officially take over?"

Dan yawns and says, "I hope to take over by the first of September. The paperwork was sent in this afternoon to Washington, D.C. Now I have to find a house with three bedrooms."

Megan looks at Jordan and Denver then says, "Dan, would you like to go to my home and discuss this more in private? You look like you are totally exhausted."

© Copyright 2017 nelady (nelady6603 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2127682-New-Beginnings