*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2128202-Everything-Old-is-New-Again
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2128202
Flash Fiction
Everything Old is New Again

“I thought you had a report to write?” Grampa said to Tim as he walked in the kitchen.

Tim looked up from his phone, cookie in hand and said, “I’m on it, just thought I’d take a break.”

“But you haven’t started yet, how can you take a ‘break?’”

“Ha, ha, funny Gramps, I got it covered.”

“I suppose you just go on the interpol... inter- change... whatever.”

“Net, Grampa, the internet. Of course. I know, when you were a kid you went to the library and looked things up in that set of books... what did they call them?”

“Encyclopedias.”

“Right, you know, by the time your library even got those books probably half of the information was out of date! The world goes so fast, how can you not want to know what everybody knows right now if you can. Yesterday’s news is yesterday Gramps. How about you let me teach you to look things up on the internet and then we’ll have this discussion again.

“I suppose, but you know, not everything changes that fast.”

“Give me a break Grampa, just try it. I think you’ll like it.”

“OK, I’ll let you give me a lesson when you start your report.”

Ten minutes later in front of the computer, Tim walks Grampa through getting on the internet.

“So, what’s the report about?” Grampa asks.

“Diamonds. I need to write about how a diamond is made.” Tim typed in ‘How long does it take to make a diamond.’

“Hum..." Grampa said, reading the screen, “Wonder how much that’s changed in the last ‘one to three billion years...?’”
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2128202-Everything-Old-is-New-Again