*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2128546-No-Title
by Patty
Rated: E · Chapter · Adult · #2128546
Tainted Love
The sound of banging at the front door caused the strung out couple to jump out of bed. The knocks weren’t that of a friend or family but possibly law inforcement or even an enemy since they’d made so many together.
“Johnny get up the police are at the door!” Vanity pulled his dingy shirt over her bare upper body as he hurried to snort what remained of his drugs. She ran to the peep hole and could see a woman and a man standing there.
“Who is it?” Johnny asked wide eyed from the bedroom putting on his clothing.
Vanity cracked the door with just enough space to see half of her face.
“Can I help you?” she asked nervously.
“You haven’t responded to any of our notices of eviction?” the woman said.
“Your were due in court last month!”
"Really?" Vanity exhaled relieved that it wasn't the police.
” Were you unaware?” the woman asked.
“My parents have been paying my rent this must be a mistake.” Vanity ran her hands through her black and blonde streaked hair.
Vanity opened the door so that it was clearly visble in the apartment.
“Ma’am if you can put some clothes on and leave” the man stated with his nose turned upward. He noticed empty cans, beer bottles and cigarette butts throughout the living room. They were clearly living in filth.
“Look gather your things and just go” the woman said holding in her hand a writ of possession issued by the court.
She recalled when Vanity moved in the building. She was a beautiful college student, well dressed and mannered. It angered her and saddened her to see the young woman throw her life away.
Johnny stumbled to the door. The evidence of powder still visible on his nose.
“For God Sakes!” the woman threw her hands in the air. Two more men appeared and made their way into the apartment. There was nothing there which made their job fairly easy. They’d already sold off furniture, tvs and anything else valuable to support their drug addiction. They entered the bedroom where there were two flimsy pillows on a deflated blow up mattress and a dingy sheet.
“Ok we’re going” Vanity agreed.
Packing up what little clothing she had and tossing it in a dirty pillow case.
© Copyright 2017 Patty (pla1127 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2128546-No-Title