*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2128819-Do-I-listen-to-different-type-of-music
Rated: E · Other · Cultural · #2128819
Journal Entry 1
From a very young age in Cuba my dad made sure that I would appreciate a variety of music. Yes, I was listening to all sounds of Spanish music such as, Salsa, Rumba, Bolero, Cha cha cha, afro Cuban, Cuban country music, etc. The one my dad really liked to play was English love songs, or ballads and rock. We didn’t understand the language by any means, but I really loved to hear the music, and now that I live in this country and know the language, I understand. Songs such as, “Lady in red” by Chris de Burgh, Foreigners and many others. Once we arrive in America from Cuba, I self-discover Jpop aka Japanese Pop music. I felt completely in love with artist such as Ayumi Hamasaki, Anna Tsuchiya, Utada, Jin Akaneshi, Wagakki Band, and many others. This was back in 2004 later in the year 2008 I became obsess with Kpop which is Korean pop. In that same year I came to discover my all-time favorite Korean boy band to this day, BIG BANG. I become a fanatic of everything Korean even to the pastel color hair and clothes. To make matter worst, I arrive at the conclusion that I am in love with everything Asian. I love the dramas, the clothes, and the people how respectful they are, everything. Now more recently, last year I discover Albanian music and Balkan music, talking about big differences. After this I am always looking forward to more discoveries. Personally, music has no boundary. I use to take for granted how much I love to listen to music from all cultures until I notice something. This last month I have notice that the average American doesn’t even remotely care about other countries and culture. They have a very close minded mentality. Americans have difficulty appreciating other type of music aside from their own, also the pop culture here completely sucks, and the hip hop culture is all about naked woman, drugs, and money, is brainwashing and delusional. Furthermore, is really damaging the female image and making man look at a woman like a sex trophy aka object. However, I can not blame them whatsoever, I blame the woman, for she is the one downgrading herself in her false illusion. The biggest impact that listening to a big variety of music has offered me is the language. I always seem to be picking little words here and there, and that creates a great diversity for me. Is also a way to let go. The main stream media here is the USA has three main appeals – sex, drugs, and money. The beauty of American music is actually disappearing with the exception of country music. Amen! Even orchestra music is disappearing. The radio is constantly bombarding the individual with vulgar language. Very sad! It represents the American people’s state of mind. Asian music provides a story, and many make you pounder about life and decision making.
© Copyright 2017 JessAlvarez (jessalvarez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2128819-Do-I-listen-to-different-type-of-music