*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129144-THE-CURSE-OF-THE-SHE-WOLF---PART-ONE
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Fantasy · #2129144
Incredibly shy and quiet seventeen-year-old, Lilly Nicholls, is attacked by a wild wolf.
My name is Lilly Nicholls, I'm a shy, sensitive, seventeen-year-old girl attending high school. After school, I go to my part time job in the town library sorting books out into alphabetical order. I live in a small town in Oregon, USA called, 'Raven Oak'. But I was born in London, England and moved to Raven Oak when I was five with my parents. I keep myself to myself and don't speak at school which makes the other students make fun of me. But I try and not let it get to me.



I sat alone one day in the school cafeteria eating my lunch and watched the popular kids laugh and eat together having fun. I watched as the most handsome guy in school kissed the easily prettiest girl in school passionately. I was envious. They were called Callum Blackburn and Tracey Fox. He was the captain of the basketball team and she was the captain of the cheerleading squad.

Callum was tall, blonde, and blue eyed, while Tracey was a tall, strawberry blonde with big blue eyes, and an envious athletic figure to die for.

"What are you looking at, freak?" one of the mean girls from the cheerleading squad had turned her head in my direction. She was a Chinese-American girl with her black hair in curls. Her name Mina Cho.

I quickly looked down at my food with my long black hair in my face.

The cafeteria grew silent and everyone was watching as Mina walked over with some of the girls from the team.

"I said 'what are you looking at, freak?'" she asked nastily.

My heart was pounding as my cheeks began to redden with humiliation.

"Leave her alone, Mina," Tracey said with a smile.

"What is it with you? Why don't you ever talk?" Mina picked up my opened can of cola and poured it over the remains of my lunch of mashed potato, sausages, and gravy.

There were gasps of shock and laughter from the other students.

"Lap it up, bitch!" she said nastily.

Tracey marched over to Mina. "Leave her alone, now!" she ordered.

"The freak was gawping at you and Callum. I was just teaching her a lesson," Mina replied innocently with a smile.

"Well, you made your point."

"What's going on here?" demanded a female teacher. "Lilly, are you alright?" she asked me with concern. She turned to Tracey and her friends angrily. "Why can't you girls leave her alone? Go straight to the principal's office, now!"

"Mrs Mcgee, Tracey was defending Lilly," Callum said, walking over.

"That's no excuse, Mr Blackburn," the teacher replied firmly. "Now move!" she pushed Tracey and Mina out of the cafeteria.

Students stared at me while I stared down at the table, not letting them see the hurt and humiliation on my face as tears ran down my face.

Suddenly, someone sat down beside me. They didn't speak, I just heard their heavy breathing.

I didn't look up. I just wanted them to go and leave me alone. I wanted everyone to leave me alone.

The bell rang for afternoon classes, so students began to get up and leave the cafeteria.

The person sitting beside me didn't budge. I felt intimidated.

I stood up and I gasped when their right hand grabbed my left arm. I gulped nervously.

The person stood up and whispered into my left ear. "Don't let them win. You're better than that." It was a sexy male voice.

I slowly turned my head towards them and lifted up my eyes to see who it was, and my heart raced. It was the new bad boy, Devon Haynes.

Devon Haynes had some run ins with the police for stolen goods before. He was tall, dark, and dangerously handsome. He had green eyes and a dark stubbly chin, and his hair was longish.

Devon wore his black leather jacket and jeans as he quickly smiled at me with kindness.

The corners of my mouth turned up into a shy smile.

"Is that a smile?" he asked. "You should smile more."

I smiled more and Devon returned the smile.

"Freak," a couple of students commented at me as they passed.

"Ignore them," he told me. "What's your name?"

"Lilly," I said ever so softly that he had to bring his ear nearer to hear.

He smiled at me. "Well, nice to meet you, Lilly, I'm Devon."

"I know," I replied, smiling shyly.

Devon walked with me to next class.



After school, I kept my head down low with my text books close to my chest and backpack on my back as I hurried over to the library to work. I didn't get paid, just volunteering for a few hours while my dad worked as a doctor at the hospital.

By the time I had rearranged one-half of the library's books, it was seven o clock at night. My dad would be home soon. The manager, Mrs Denver, who was a kind woman in her late sixties was pleased with what I had done.

"You've done a splendid job, Lilly," she said.

"Thank you, mam," I replied. "Am I able to leave now?"

"Of course, dear. You've done more than you should have done," she said.

I gathered up my textbooks and backpack from the staff room and then headed out the door.

Lightning struck across the night sky and then loud rumbles of thunder could be heard. Heavy raindrops fell from the sky.

I shrieked as I hurried towards home. I walked down a dark back street and sensed someone or something was behind me so I stopped. I slowly turned around and saw nothing. I carried on walking when I heard a loud growl behind me. I turned back around but saw nothing. But then, I saw a dark silhouette of an animal on the wall when the light of the moon shone on it. I didn't see anything again, so I hurried. I turned another corner but was stopped in my tracks.

There, standing just a few feet away, was a pair of glowing eyes belonging to an animal. The street was dark so I couldn't see what type of animal it was. It growled deeply as it took a step forward which made me realise what type of animal it was. It was a wolf.

My heart was pounding like a drum against my chest. I wanted to turn and run, but I couldn't move. I couldn't get my body to turn and run as it was scared stiff. But when the wolf growled again, I turned and ran. I could hear the wolf panting after me. I was thrown head first to the ground as it jumped on top of me and took a bite out of my right leg. I screamed out in pain.

I literally thought I was going to die as the wolf took bites out of me all the while thinking, what was a wild wolf doing out here? Had it escaped from a local zoo or something? I screamed out in agony again.

All of a sudden, Devon appeared out of nowhere and stood confidently in front of the wolf who growled and snarled viciously up at him. He managed to scare the wolf away some how. He turned back to me and scooped me up into his arms. He was like my guardian angel coming to rescue me. He took me to his car that was parked on the pavement.

"Devon?" I asked gently.

Devon was driving along the road towards the hospital. "Don't talk, we're almost there," he told me.

"Thank you," I managed to say gently before losing consciousness.

© Copyright 2017 Beebeeb (bronteb82 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129144-THE-CURSE-OF-THE-SHE-WOLF---PART-ONE