*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129485-Vehicle-Inspection-Troubles
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2129485
Three Minute Read
Vehicle Inspection Troubles

“You won’t find another machine like this at any price,” Jeb said, giving the hood a rousing whack.

Sam had stopped after seeing the sign out front: “Vehicle - Cheap” Sam’s own car was three days from its ‘rejection’ sticker running out and he was desperate for another car. If this one was cheap enough and could pass the vehicle inspection test it would do. After a quick ride around the block, they stopped back at Jeb’s to chat.

“Why are you selling if it’s so great?” he asked, looking at the... car? truck? He wasn’t even sure. For one thing it had six wheels, the extra two in the back didn’t actually touch the ground, but they were there. It didn’t have a truck bed though but a back-seat area, no doors in the back either, the access was through a hatch.

“I’m moving. I don’t want to take it, but ‘spos I will if you don’t take it, I’m leaving today!”

Seeing this as a great opportunity to get the price down, Sam started haggling. Jeb was ripe to sell and it went well. They transferred the title and Sam drove off.

At the top of the hill, Sam stopped, trying to figure out what some of the odd knobs and levers were for. Just as he reached over to try one, he glanced back at Jeb’s house.

He froze as he watched a beam of light shoot down from the sky and carry Jeb and all his suitcases, up, up until they disappeared into the clouds!

Startled, his hand pushed the lever down, suddenly all six wheels retracted and the vehicle rose up two feet off the ground, hovering over the road. “Darn!” Sam said to himself, “This thing is never going to pass inspection!”
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129485-Vehicle-Inspection-Troubles