*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129524-Falling-for-You
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #2129524
A couple get a surprise.
Falling for You by Angel Rose


Rayne giggled at the scene before her eyes. Her boyfriend, Jeffrey Lane was hanging upside down from a branch; his dark locks falling into his piercing blue eyes.

"Rayne, help me down from here," He said, trying to blow the hair from his mouth.

The young woman started climbing up the tree and started to inch her way onto the branches.

"I'm coming, Jeffy. Stay put. Okay," She reassured him, carefully inching her way towards where his foot was stuck.

"Where would I go? I'm stuck," He scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You're almost...," Rayne started, carefully untangling his foot from the branches.

Jeffrey gasped, hearing a very familiar cracking sound. "Uh... Ray? I think the branch is about to..."

"Free," Rayne declared just as the branches let out loud snapping noises as they broke, semding them both into the lake below with a huge splash.

A few seconds later Jeffrey popped his head above the water's surface, taking air into his lungs with a gasp. "Ray? Ray!"

He looked around frantically for her, noticing her head popping up a few seconds later. "Ray! Are you okay?"

Rayne giggled as she nodded. "Yes, I'm fine Jeffy."

He gave a small smile. "Good. Let's get out of the water."

She nodded once more, following him to shore. "Are you okay?"

Jeffrey nodded then gave a somewhat disappointed look. "I am... but your paper isn't."

Rayne looked at the ruined paper in her boyfriend's hand. "The poem I wrote for you. The one the wind blew into the tree."

He nodded some. "Yes, I was looking forward to reading it..."

She gave a small smile as she gave him a comforting hug. "No worries, beloved. I can rewrite it. After all, they're in my heart."

A sweet smile graced Jeffrey's face as he placed a gentle kiss on his love's lips. "Thanks, my Ray of sunshine."

Written on 7/23/17
© Copyright 2017 The Ink Maiden~ (lovelesswriter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129524-Falling-for-You