*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129833-Mum-is-that-you
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2129833
How would you react if these were your parents?
“Do we really have to?”
Yes, Owen. After all they are going to become your in-laws. Besides, they are completely normal. Jane hits the doorbell sealing the deal.
Owen Sighs “Alright… But we are not going through their wedding photo album again.” He adds.
“Jane is that you?” The door swings open. “Jane dear! Owen. You know you don’t have to ring.”
“Mum!.. You have. Changed.” she says shocked, scrutinizing over the sweatpants. “New look?”
She chuckles. “After 40 years of marriage, your father and I heard that yoga is young and hip, and we were like, you know, yolo.”
“And don’t forget the improved sex life!” Jane's father yells from his disturbing pose.
“Oh god. We have to get out of here.” Owen whispers. Jane replies with an elbow to the side.
Jane peers across to her father. “Hey Daddy, you are looking well.”
“Thank you princess, I feel 30 years younger.” He inhales a lung full of air before walking over to grab his glass of Kale from the counter. Forcing a Gulp.
“How are we going, Son.” He wraps an arm around Owens shoulder making him freeze uncomfortably. “Still tense I see. You should try out yoga yourself. Really gets the blood flowing.” He shifts a quick glance towards his wife, who giggles in reply. “As well as relaxing the mind.” He gives Owen a wink.
“Actually, we have come with some news.” Jane intervenes, rolling her eyes.
“Oh” He releases his hold from Owens shoulders, and finishes the last of his glass.
“We are getting married!” Jane Beams, showing her diamond, which causes her mother to squeal with delight.
Owens back is slapped. “Welcome to the family, Son!
“Happy to be part of it.” He replies relieved.
“Great! Have I shown you our wedding photos Owen?”
© Copyright 2017 NipponFury (nipponfury at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2129833-Mum-is-that-you