*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2130162-Is-your-tea-cold
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Fantasy · #2130162
I watched the Hobbit from the master JRR Tolkien, what a wonderful, amazing, wild ride.
I watched the Hobbit from the legendary master JRR Tolkien and was taken on a wonderful, amazing, wild ride. What a book, what a movie. With the amazing imagination of Tolkien, (although I fully believe that he was a traveller between parallel worlds, describing to his avid readers in amazing imagery, the worlds he had visited), combined with the mastery and passion of Peter Jackson, you are again taken away from the uncomplicated, ordinary life you lead. It starts with the attack on poor Bilbo, by the possibility of adventure in his life. Would you take that step? Would you give up tea in front of the fire, would you give up the reading of adventures in far away places, to go on a breathtaking journey, from which you could possibly not return? Would you?
Why is it that the most engrossing of books or movies have the underlining drama of the fight between good and evil? Enormous trolls wanting to make you their supper, ugly goblins hunting you. If you knew that would happen, would you take the step? Would you run out of your door and meet up with them? Maybe not, we are all so set in our ways. Rise, work, sleep. Day after day. So used to tea in front of the fire. What could be better than curling up with a book and watching the time slip by, while fighting evil in distant lands, a long time ago? The ordinary becomes the norm. Everything out of the normal is a threat to your existence. Existence? Really??
Then one day you look up. The sun in setting slowly in the sky. Your tea is cold. Your neck feels cramped, and you suddenly feel your heart contracting as you realize life has passed you by. You have become so used to the nothings of life that you have forgotten what it means to live, what it means to be truly alive.
We need the evil wizard to hunt us through the dark woods. We need the scary and unseen, the not knowing what’s next. We need the uncertainty. It’s in the chase through the woods, that you find your reason for living. You will find your strength, your inner dragon when threatened. It is the fear of the unknown and the uncertainty, that the new and amazing is born. You cannot be truly you, by doing nothing. You cannot find the inner special being, born to shine, by watching as the world slips by.
You have to take the step. You have to take the deepest of breaths and run.
My tea is cold. It is time.
© Copyright 2017 madelein (oortjies at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2130162-Is-your-tea-cold