*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2130327-Destiny
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2130327
Flash Fiction
Destiny

Frank turned as he heard a quiet whistle coming from Joe, Joe was looking across the quad. Frank looked, there was only one person there that Joe could be looking at.

“Why don’t you just go talk to her.”

“That girl is way out of my league.” Joe said.

“If you won’t even say hello, how do you know that?”

“That’s my dream girl, that’s why.”

“No, she’s real, and you don’t even know her.”

“OK, let’s put it this way, I am not up to the standards that a girl like that would want.”

“Jeannie thinks you’re perfect.”

“Jeannie is nine.”

“Let me tell you about a nine-year-old my friend. Nine-year-old girls want the same qualities in a man that a mature woman wants. It’s not a puzzle, they want integrity, loyalty, and kindness. A nine-year-old isn’t looking for flash or money and the ‘perfect’ woman isn’t either. You have all the qualities that count. If she is perfect, that’s what she wants.”

“When did you get so philosophical?”

“I’ve been around. I dated a few women before your mother, but when I met your mother, I knew she was my destiny. You won’t know if that girl is really your dream girl until you actually meet her. So, go meet her!”

Joe looked at his father and realized, once again, that Dad was a pretty smart guy. He stepped off the curb to go meet his destiny.
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2130327-Destiny