*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2130937-No-Brownies
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2130937
Three Minute Read
No Brownies

"I don't believe a word of it."

“Well, it’s still true.”

“But, how? First, how do you even explain Mom being at the store then?”

“I know, weird, but she had to go, you know, for the brownies.”

“The brownies...?”

“She was out of cocoa. She left to go shopping on Thursday, like always, but she had a flat tire, and she completely forgot she was out of cocoa till she started the brownies. Then, of course, she had to go on the spot because the bake sale was Saturday morning.”

“OK... but how did she happen to have a baseball bat?”

“It was in the cart next to where she parked! You know how she always brings in shopping carts, you know, to help the workers, this one had that bat in it. She didn’t want to just leave it out there, so she wheeled it up in the cart, then when she parked the cart she took it out.”

“But, how did she know who they were?”

“At first, she didn’t. She was just holding the door for them! Do you believe it? Then she noticed the bags and because she used to work at a grocery store she knew what they were, and when she glanced in she saw people rushing around and figured it out. She says it was automatic, she swung the bat and caught them both right in the stomach. They crumpled like cheap suits and the store employees were all over them. The police arrived a few minutes later.”

“So, she caught the crooks, saved the day and the grocery store gave her a hundred-dollar gift card as a reward?”

“Yeah! Cool huh! But, not perfect.”

“Why not, it certainly sounds perfect to me!”

“She still forgot the cocoa... no brownies.”
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2130937-No-Brownies