*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2131548-Brief-Continuation-Of-Fahrenheit-451
Rated: E · Fiction · Fanfiction · #2131548
Wrote this for school last year. I'm about to go into 11th grade. Tell me what you think!
         In Fahrenheit 451, books are illegal. Any books found by the renowned Firemen are burned. Fortunately, there are some people who are strongly against this. One of those people is Guy Montag, a Fireman. One day, Montag meets a 17-year-old girl named Clarisse. He realizes by talking to her on several occasions that he is not actually happy with his life.
Sometime later, he learns that Clarisse has supposedly been hit and killed by a car. He then starts to walk down a risky path of reading and hoarding books. He is eventually caught by Captain Beatty, his boss. Beatty soon confronts Montag. He forces Montag to burn down his house. He does so, but when he finishes, Beatty attempts to arrest him. Montag snaps and kills Beatty, lighting him on fire.
Then Montag fled. He ran to the house of his acquaintance, Faber. He had a brief conversation and ran once again. He went to and then crossed a river. Once he crossed over, he met a group of homeless men opposed to the destruction of books. Montag gathered around a bonfire and soon learned many things about the men. The leader of the group, Granger, decided they should make their way to a large city (possibly Chicago).




         Montag awoke suddenly, reaching his hand out to the right. Mildred wasn't there, she would never be there. She had turned him into Beatty and left him alone. At least he had the camp to keep him company, but it wasn't the same. She had been so dull, yet no matter what he said to the camp, he still loved her.
         A familiar voice tore him from his thoughts. It was Granger. "Montag? Montag? It's time for us to go."
Montag stood up quickly, blood rushing to his head. He fell, too dizzy too stand. He stood up slowly this time. He was able to maintain his balance much more easily.
Granger stared at him and said, "Come on Montag. Let's go."
Montag followed Granger through the grass surrounding the ashy remains of the bonfire, the rest of the group not too far ahead. They quickly grew nearer and nearer to the others. After several minutes of walking, they had reached the group. They had all stopped quite abruptly at the edge of a hill. There were hushed whispers and murmurs all about. As Montag and Granger reached the edge, they too stopped.
At the bottom of the hill, there laid the outskirts of a gigantic metropolis. It stretched for miles in every direction. Montag recognized it immediately as the great city of Chicago. It had been more than 10 years since he had seen the city's destruction, but it stood before him, completely unharmed.
This is the beginning he thought to himself. This is the start of a new world. It was an opportunity to create a better world. This was the start of a new age of books. Montag knew that was only the start. There was much more to do. Could they do it?


© Copyright 2017 Chimera (wealth2000 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2131548-Brief-Continuation-Of-Fahrenheit-451