*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2131553-Equanimity
Rated: E · Short Story · Supernatural · #2131553
Please prepare for the departure of the loved one everyone depends on: air.
You don't see everything. You know you don't, because if you did, you wouldn't be here right now. You'd probably be in some elite chair being worshipped by everyone in existence, wearing white robes or whatever like the Roman gods or something. You'd be drinking ambrosia, smelling the incense from sacrifices, eating gourmet food from every culture, needing nothing except time.

But that's obviously not true, or I wouldn't be writing this. You see, I actually have that power, to see everything, but it's not very clear. It's like a foggy mirror where you can see your shape but not the features. It's like a boat arriving from inside a dense fog, or just simple a silhouette. I have the power to notice things that other people can't possible see. I know when things wake, when they sleep, and when they work. I saw the sun rise from behind it's shady corner, bestowing light upon all who looks up. I see the ocean strike the eroding rocks, forming and reforming eternally. I recognize the animals who know what is and what isn't.

But I'm not forever, thank God. I won't always. I must end one day. Actually, I think I'll witness my last sunset this evening. See, I choose wisely; one who sees everything must know what is right. That is the Law, of course: Everything must make sense.

Well, I'm getting to far off from point, as you can see. As I said, I'm the Seerer of Everything. I see all, but not all see me; note how I said not all. That means that there are some who see me. Those are the ones with the boxes, the one with the cables, the ones with the brains. Those are the smart folks who can determine the distance of the universe in seconds, who can calculate how much you weigh with a glance, they who know the sciences like a pastor(should) knows the Bible. The Scientists. The Geniuses. The Knowing.

I am not apart of those groups, but I see them everywhere. At least one in each household. They may be geniuses now, before, later, or had the ability. That's what a lot of them are; they have the ability to become the most intelligent but they focus on what is now. They only care about what "matters", not what "shall matter".

And that's what I fear.

I am nothing. To be able to see is what most things have and don't think about until the inevitable happens: Blindness. I will never be blind, but if that ever came true, all humans would cease to exist. They would only have a maximum of two minutes before they died, depending on their state of preparedness.

But no one would be prepared. Not even the Knowing.

I shall stop being here one day. And today is my chosen day.

So take a deep breath, deeper than when about to enter water, trying to not smell, trying to hold back emotions.

Don't lose it.

Goodbye.
© Copyright 2017 Arielle Young (infinitekey17 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2131553-Equanimity