*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2131595-The-Grumpy-Blue-Unicorn
Rated: E · Short Story · Contest · #2131595
The grumpy blue unicorn who lives under the bridge just wants to be left alone.
Once upon a time, there lived a unicorn. This unicorn was not quite like the other unicorns for he was blue, and had a personality to match his appearance. One day the unicorn decided that he no longer wanted to be a part of the pink unicorn house. The unicorn packed his meager belongings which only consisted of a blue brush to brush his mane of blue hair, and left to live under the bridge that was down the road from the pink unicorn house.

As the blue unicorn watched some daytime soap or another and thought the actors could use some work, a girl, and her pet monkey came upon his blue bridge. When he heard them discussing crossing his bridge that brought him out from under the bridge and with a yell he said, “Hey! Who dares cross my blue bridge with their bubbly personalities? Only the bluest of the blue may cross this bridge. Go away, you happy creatures, you have no business here.” And with that, the grumpy blue unicorn promptly lay across the bridge to prevent their crossing. The girl and her monkey looked at one another in puzzlement for a few moments before the girl approached the blue unicorn.

Hello I am Dora and this is boots. We only want to cross the bridge to get to the pink unicorn house.” The girl’s monkey dangled from her shoulders and said, “Yes we only want to go to the pink unicorn house, we think buried treasure is found there. Will you let us cross?” The blue unicorn mulled over this for a minute and decided he would let them pass under one condition. “Solve the riddle and you will be allowed to cross, but don’t you ever cause trouble again!” Boots and Dora made short work of the riddle, and the blue unicorn allowed them to pass. The blue unicorn went back under his bridge and lived a grumpy peaceful life.



Word Count: 329


** Images For Use By Upgraded+ Only **
© Copyright 2017 ℰ𝒯𝒞... (alwayslove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2131595-The-Grumpy-Blue-Unicorn