*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2132534-A-bad-day-short-story
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Other · #2132534
Alexandrite has been having a bad day at work, and calvin wants to make her feel better.
Alexandrite closed the front door with a slam, her brunnette hair all messed up and in her face. 'Finally, the day is over...' she thought, sighing heavily, she placed her computer bag on the glass dining table and flopped on the blue couch.

"Alex? Is that you?" She heard her husband, Calvin, ask from another room.

"Yup..." Alex groggily replied, laying down on the couch as Calvin poked his head out of the first door in the hall, his silver eyes had that look that Alex rarely ever saw, a spark of an idea. You see... Calvin was an inventor, and Alex, well... she worked at an animal sanctuary, and today there was a whole truck full of dogs, cats, birds, and rodents dropped off, and she had a LOT on her plate already.

"So, how was your day?" Calvin asked, walking out of the room, closing and locking the door, walking over to Alex, and sitting down on the floor in front of the couch.

"Just. Fucking. Fantastic." Alex gumbled, sighing and closing her ruby and emerald eyes.

"Ah, that bad?" He asked, pushing his bleach blonde bangs out of his eyes. Alex simply nodded. "Well, how 'bout I make some of that chicken pot pie you love?" Alex opened her eyes and looked him.

"Okay" she whispered, keeping a straight face, making Calvin chuckled.

"Where's that smile I oh so love?" Calvin teased, making Alex smile, "there it is!" He smiled at her before getting up, "welp, I'm gonna go make the chicken pot pie, alright?"

"Alright.."
© Copyright 2017 lazarus j. Blacksmith (littleclaws at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2132534-A-bad-day-short-story