*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2132698-Sleep-paralysis
Rated: E · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #2132698
My character is a victim of "sleep Paralysis"
I was a victim of "Sleep Paralysis"

It happened on a dark October night close to Halloween. One of my absolute favorite times of the year when the leaves change colors. Horror movies are on tv and Michale Myers is out on the prowl. I had just gotten home from partying out a friends house. We stayed out until around 2:30ish in the morning.

I quietly entered the house and went up to bed,I was exhausted. I fell into bed still in my Jeans and tank top shirt. I didn't even pull the covers up I was out of it. I must have been dreaming because I heard a loud thump sound coming from the door in my room.
"Thump,Thump,Thump!" I opened my eyes and threw a sock at the door and said "Go Away!" And went back to bed.

A few seconds passed and the door flew open and the door came off its hinges and hit the floor making a loud "Slam" sound. My room echoed.
By this time I was awake I got out of bed to see what had happened when all of a sudden I got the most unsettling felling in the world like I was being watched. I could not move. I fell back down and landed on the bed hard. Still couldn't move all. All I could do was look as I saw the worst thing in my life. I saw a light that could only be a candle coming down the hall. I watched as a shadow slowly came across the floor. From the size of the shadow the figure was huge. As the lit candle came closed to my open door. That's when I saw it. A boney hand had slowly made its way in my room it stretched out like a snake. And the claws were pointing to me.
Then I saw another Boney hand coming this time the candle was in it's hand and I saw two legs attached to the body and the shadow entered my room. I had just realized it had crawled into my room.

I could not move as I watched the figure walk into my room I couldn't breath. I watched as it raised from its crawling position and it got on its feet the shadow rose over seven feet tall. It's head had A long Snout and horns coming from its head. The shadow slowly approached me and dropped the candle. The candle hit it and It let out the most terrifying moan I ever heard.
Seconds later I saw blackness circle u see its feet and in an instance it fell through the floor never to be seen again. To this day I remember the experience so vividly I honestly think that it either fell through a portal to the other side or it went back to hell. I couldn't move for another sixty seconds. That day I told my parents what happened they got me an appointment the next day with a doctor who told me I had experienced "Sleep Paralysis" witch was a common thing.

I told him I have never hallucinated in my life and I assured myself what I saw that night was nothing more than just lack of sleep.
© Copyright 2017 Nickmeraglio1 (nickmeraglio1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2132698-Sleep-paralysis