*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2132881-A-sadness-runs-through-her
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Dark · #2132881
Alexandrite has been drinking more than usual, making calvin worried.
(I DO NOT OWN THE SONG SADNESS RUNS THROUGH HIM, IT IS OWNED BY THE HOOSIERS (might not of spelled that correctly..) writing.com, if I'm not allowed to do this tell me asap and I will take this down and rewrite it without the song. also.
WARNING: this story has topics like drinking and foul language, read at your own risk, for this is not for the faint of heart. Okay I'm done, onto the story!!!)

Alexandrite sat at the counter in the bar, downing shot after another, always asking for more.

"Miss, I think that's enough.." the bartender said, looking worried.

"It's enough when I fucking say it's enough" she growled, her face hidden behind her hair, she shoved the shotglass forward, the bartender sighed and poured some of the beer she was holding into the shot glass, giving it back to Alex. He noticed her phone and grabbed it, "hey! What are you doing?!" She shouted.

"Calling someone on your phone. Password?" The bartender simply replied, staring blankly at Alex.

"And why do you think I would give you the password?" She hissed, glaring at the bartender.

"Because I'm gonna call someone on your contact list to take you home." He sighed, annoyed with her stubborn additude. She stayed quiet for a few seconds before answering.

"10 31 94" he typed it in and went into her contacts, the first five people were, calbear, willy, mom, dan-chan, and sis.

"Who should I call?"

"Calvin, contacts says Calbear." The bartender tapped the contact name and tapped the phone icon and it started ringing, then it picked up.

"Hello?" A voice on the other side of the phone asked, "Alex? That you?"

"No, this is the bartender, this is Calvin, right?"

"Yup"

"Alex, as you called her, is really drunk, I think you need to come pick her up.." there was a sigh from Calvin.

"This is the sunset pub... isn't it.."

"Yup...."

"Be there soon..." and the phone hung up, the bartender placed the phone back in Alex's bag.

<><><><><><>

Calvin walked down the street, luckily, he only lived three blocks down the street from the pub, he got to the building and walked in. Alex sat at the end of the counter, closest to the door.

"Yo, alex!" He shouted over the noise, Alex turned to look at calvin.

"What.." she growled.

"Let's go!" He said, nodding towards the door.

"I'll put the money on your tab." The bartender sighed, taking out a slip of paper and a pen and writing on it, Alex sighed, grabbed her bag, stood up, and wobbily walked over, Calvin led her out of the bar and towards their house.

<><><><><><>

Alex walked through the front door with calvin into their house, she walked over to the couch and plopped down, falling aleep, Calvin sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"What am I going to do with you?...." he muttered, the next morning when Alex woke up she had a pounding headache.

"Ugh... god my head," she whined.

"That's what happens when you drink so much." Calvin said, walking out of the kitchen, he placed a plate of pancakes on the coffee table, "here." Alex stared at the plate for a few seconds before sitting up carefully and picking up the plate and the fork, she began to eat the pancakes.

<><><><><><>

Alex sat in her room with her guitar, she begn to pluck the strings, before strumming a few cords.

People are puppets held together with string,
There's a beautiful sadness that runs through him,
He asked me to pray to the gods,
He doesn't believe in,
Time and again,
Boys are raised to be men,
Impatient they start,
Fearful they end,
But there was a man,
Mourning tomorrow,
He drank,
But finally drowned in his sorrows


She sang the song, not knowing someone was by her door, listening.

He,
Could not break surface tension,
He looked,
In the wrong place for redemption,
Don't,
Look at me with those eyes,
I Tried to unheave the ties,
Turn back the time that drew him,
But he could not be saved,
A sadness runs through him,
Through him,


"Alex?" Alex heard Calvin say, making her jump and hit a weird chord.

"What..."

"Can we... talk?"

"Talk about what...."

"About this, about how much your drinking, about what's wrong..."

"..... okay..."
© Copyright 2017 lazarus j. Blacksmith (littleclaws at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2132881-A-sadness-runs-through-her