*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2133194-Night-of-Memories
Rated: 18+ · Script/Play · Horror/Scary · #2133194
High school is never really over. Ongoing Script, undergoing a lot of editing and changes.
FADE In:
SCENE 1
EXT. ADIRONDACKS-MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT
Camera is unfocused. Pointed at ground. Hear someone running. Sounds like a female. Hear the female trip onto the ground. Low breathing can be heard. Camera is now pointed at the female. Shows it to be ISABELLA. Camera is in night vision. ISABELLA is moving her fingers on the ground. Something grabs her leg. ISABELLA screams bloody murder. ISABELLA dragged away by unidentified invisible force. Camera turns off
CUT TO:
SCENE 2
INT. CAR-MID DAY
The camera turns on. The camera turns to show it is being held by ASHLEY, 18, with brown hair and brown eyes.
ASHLEY
So, I’m Ashley and I’m going to be videotaping my last hooray so to speak before going off to college.
ASHLEY turns the camera to face PETER, 18, black hair.
ASHLEY (V.O)
And this gorgeous thing is my boyfriend Peter.
PETER waves to the camera. ASHLEY turns the camera to the back seat of the car.
ASHLEY (V.O.)
And these lovely people are some of my friends. This is Rosemary, Isabella, Patrick, and Riley.
ASHLEY then turns the camera so that it is pointed towards the windshield.

ASHELY (V.O.)
So where exactly did you say we were going?
ASHELY then turns her camera to face PETER who is driving. PETER then turns to look at ASHELY quickly.
PETER (SIMULTANEOUSLY)
Umm, I have no idea.
Turns back to look at the road. Can still see him facing the front of the car.
PETER (CONT’D)
Why don’t you ask the Prada queen where we are going?
ASHELY turns camera to look at ISABELLA who is in the backseat. Can see the 4 people sitting in the back. ISABELLA bobbing her head singing mindlessly to a song with her head phones on.

ASHELY (V.O.)
Hey Prada queen where are we going?
ISABELLA doesn’t answer. ASHELY leans her arm into the backseat. Visible cutting scars on the wrist. ASHLEY hits her on the knee.
ASHELY (V.O.)
Hey butthead where are we going?
ISABELLA, blonde, pretty, and petite, 18, jerks out of fear and takes her headphones off her head. She looks slightly startled as she looks into the camera.
ISABELLA
(CONFUSED)
Huh? What do you want?

ASHELY (V.O.)
(CHUCKLING)
I asked where are we going. Peter wants to know so he doesn’t get lost.
Can see a hand reach over and tap ASHLEY on the arm. Camera then turns to look at RIELY, 18, brown hair, who is sitting to the right of ISABELLA. He is reading a book which he puts down to look at the camera. A smile forms on his face.

RIELY
(LAUGHING)
Yeah because we all know what happened the last time this idiot got us lost.
ASHLEY (V.O.)
(LAUGHING)
Yeah, we almost ended up in Vancouver instead of Venice Beach.
PETER (V.O.)
(DEFENSIVE, LAUGHING)
Hey, babe, I didn’t do it on purpose.
Can see RIELY’s face lose his smile, but very quickly. Smile then reappears on his face. ASHLEY turns the camera to look back at PETER.
PETER (CONT’D)
And we didn’t almost end up in Vancouver.
ISABELLA (V.O.)
(CHUCKLING)
No, he’s right.
ASHELY turns the camera to look at ISABELLA.
ISABELLA
(CHUCKLING)
We didn’t almost end up in Vancouver, we were in Vancouver.
PETER (V.O)
Hey, I did not drive us all the way to Vancouver. Look will you just tell me where we are going?
ISABELLA
(BORED)
Sure. We are heading to the Adirondacks in New York, not Vancouver. And since we are already here it should be on your left.
ASHLEY turns the camera so it is facing the window again. She then turns it to show herself.
ASHLEY
So I got to turn you off, but you’ll get to see more latter. Bye.
The camera turns off.
CUT TO:
SCENE 3
EXT. ADIRONDACKS-MID DAY
The camera turns on to show a dense forest. Zooms in and out of focus, finally coming into focus.
ISABELLA (V.O)
So what do you all think? Great huh.
ASHLEY turns the camera to face PETER, RYAN, and ROSEMARY.
ROSEMARY
But you don’t even like the woods. In fact, you hate the woods and everything else that isn’t packaged and placed into an expensive store.
Turns camera to face ISABELLA. ISABELLA is seen coming towards ROSEMARY.
ISABELLA
So…… and who even asked you. You little pug faced Bitch.
ASHLEY sighs. The camera moves quickly with ASHLEY toward ISABELLA. ASHLEY is now in front of ISABELLA.
ASHLEY (V.O)
Izzy just let it go. Come on we only have this time to hang out. I don’t want it to be about fighting. Please.
ISABELLA looks angry but slowly starts walking backward. Can see her anger turning away into a smile
ISABELLA
(SIGHING)
Fine I will be the bigger person and walk away. Okay? Will that make you all happy?

Can hear some people give a sigh of relief and agree.
ASHLEY (V.O)
(SOUNDING CONFUSED)
So where exactly is this party to begin with?
The camera moves around as ASHLEY goes from looking between PETER and ISABELLA. ASHLEY and camera stop moving as she looks at ISABELLA. ISABELLA places her hands on her hips.
ISABELLA
(JOKING, ANNOYED)
Don’t know and don’t care. As long as I’m far away from my mom and don’t have to go to school anymore I’m good.
RILEY (V.O)
I’m with you on that one.
ISABELLA
Hey, give me that camera.
ASHLEY
Why?

Can see ISABELLA walk to ASHLEY. ISABELLA turns the camera to face ASHLEY.
ISABELLA (V.O.)
(SNOTTY)
Well, apparently I have this friend who is like totally going to be a huge upcoming actress.
Can hear everyone laughing. The camera is still on ASHLEY who is smiling at the camera. She strikes a pose as PETER comes from behind to hug her. She yelps then looks at him lovingly. They both smile warmly at each other than look back at the camera.
PETER
(SMILING)
Yeah, my baby is going to win all the awards out there.
ISABELLA (V.O.)
Yeah, she is the perfect actress. This little chickie can do no wrong.
ASHLEY
(SLIGHTLY SARCASTIC)
Yup, you know it. And I know that you can do no wrong either. Right, Izzy?
CUT TO:
SCENE 4
INT. HIGH SCHOOL-MID DAY
Video phone turns on to show school hallway. A big crowd of students is gathered around ISABELLA and ANN, 16, petite with mousy brown hair and thin and pale. ISABELLA slams ANN’s books from her hand and onto the floor. The crowd laughs along with ISABELLA.
ISABELLA
(LAUGHING)
Well, are you going to pick it up or not?
ANN just stands in the hallway in front of her books.
ISABELLA
Well, spaz? What are you going to do? Did you even hear me?
ISABELLA kicks her books away from her. The camera moves with the scene. Can see ASHLEY, PETER, ROSEMARY, RYAN, LAUREN, STEPHANIE, and RILEY standing in the back. All laughing except ASHLEY. Her face is stern.
ISABELLA
(AGGRESSIVE)
I said… pick……
ISABELLA pushes ANN into the lockers
ISABELLA (CONT’D)
(AGGRESSIVELY)
It……
Pushes her down on to the ground.
ISABELLA (CONT’D)
(AGGRESSIVELY)
UP!
ISABELLA looks back up at the camera and starts to walk over to it laughing.
ISABELLA
(LAUGHING VENOMIOUSLY)
Patrick, please tell me that you got that because that is so going up on Facebook.
ISABELLA walks over to the camera and high fives the person behind the camera. The camera turns black right after you see behind ISABELLA, ASHLEY comes and help up ANN with her books.
CUT TO:




SCENE 5
EXT. ADIRONDACKS- MID DAY
ISABELLA moves the camera around the group. Finally, stops to look at the woods.
ROSEMARY (V.O.)
Wow……so this is where they’re having the party. Kind of scary when you look at it.
PETER (V.O.)
I don’t know………it’s got a nice feel to it. You know?
ISABELLA moves the camera to show PETER and ASHLEY. PETER hugs ASHLEY while ISABELLA exaggerates the next line.

ISABELLA (V.O.)
God Peter, it’s just the woods, not a million-dollar house. I think you have been spending too much time with your girlfriend.
ASHLEY
(JOKINGLY)
Hey does it look like I’m complaining about the time he spends with me? I don’t think so. So lay off!

ISABELLA moves the camera to show RIELY and PATRICK.

RILEY
Yeah, Isabella gets a life and stop getting into other people’s lives.
ISABELLA (V.O)
Oh who even asked you asshole. And by the way why are you even here in the first place, to begin with.
PATRICK
(MOCKING TONE)
Lay off him Izzy. He was just trying to protect his girlfriend.
RILEY
Fuck you, asshole.
Riley tries to take a swing at Patrick. Start a small fight. Peter gets between the two.
ASHLEY (V.O.)
(UPSET)
Alight enough. We came here to party and celebrate graduation not beat each other senseless. Am I right?

Everyone gives there on way on an indication that they agree. ISABELLA moves the camera to show ASHLEY and PETER.

ASHLEY
(HAPPY)
Alright then. Let’s get this party started!
PETER
We would, but isn’t Ryan and Lauren supposed to be here to show us.
ASHLEY
Yeah, Ryan said he was going to show us when he got here.
ROSEMARY (V.O.)
So then where exactly is he? I’m starting to get bored.
PATRICK (V.O.)
Oh please, would you just shut the hell up? All you do is whine and whine.
ISABELLA (V.O.)
You wanna know something you little prick.

ISABELLA drops the camera. Can see her charge at PATRICK. PETER grabs PATRICK and RILEY grabs ISABELLA.

ASHLEY (V.O.)
Enough all of you. Okay! Let’s just have fun for god’s sake.
ROSEMARY walks over to the camera and picks it up to show everyone.
ROSEMARY (V.O)
Fine, then where the hell is Ryan and Lauren. Huh!
Ashley’s camera focuses around the woods. Then camera points back to the group. Out of camera’s view, RYAN and LAUREN jump out from behind the trees

RYAN (V.O)
Here we are.
ROSEMARY jumps and points the camera towards RYAN and LAUREN. Everyone jumps and ASHLEY screams. RYAN and LAUREN walk away from the tree laughing.

PETER (V.O.)
What the hell man! You scared the shit out of everyone.
LAUREN
God chill will you. You’re all a bunch of Babies.
ROSEMARY points the camera at ISABELLA.
ISABELLA
Well sorry for screaming when someone jumps out like a Fucking killer.
Then points the camera at LAUREN.
LAUREN
Oh did we scare the little slut? Well poor you.
ROSEMARY moves the camera back to show both ISABELLA and LAUREN.
ISABELLA
Fuck you. Bitch
ASHLEY moves into cameras view point and ASHLEY gives ISABELLA a stern look.

ASHLEY
Enough okay. So Ryan where exactly is the party?
RYAN
The party’s this way.

Everyone follows Ryan. ISABELLA shuts off camera.
CUT TO:
SCENE 6
EXT.ADIRONDACKS- MID DAY
ASHLEY turns the camera back on, can see the group walking through the woods talking about mindless topics.

PETER (V.O.)
So how long do you think Bells is going to last out here?

ASHLEY (V.O.)
Who knows, could be 5 minutes

ISABELLA turns to face the camera

ISABELLA
I heard that.

ASHLEY (V.O.)
(LAUGHING)
You were meant to.

The camera turns off.

CUT TO:




SCENE 7
EXT.ADIRONDACKS- MID DAY
The camera is turned back on. The group is talking when loud scream can be heard in the distance. Everyone stops walking and look startled. ROSEMARY hands the camera back to ASHLEY. She moves the camera around the forest and the group. Stops moving to land on RIELY, RYAN, and LAUREN

RILEY
What the Fuck was that!
RYAN
Probably some fucked up bird dying. Come on.
Rosemary
Are you sure it was nothing?
Ryan
Yeah, we're completely fine up here. And if it was something we have our phones and we're in a group. It's not like we're all going to split off and go our separate ways.

Agreement can be seen within the group. Start walking again.

ASHLEY (V.O.)
(CONFUSED)
So when exactly is Stephanie……… Monroe gonna show up?
ROSEMARY (V.O.)
She said she was gonna come later.
Walk deeper into woods. Foliage continues to get thicker and thicker. Group has walked further into woods. Ashley’s camera shows group walking along the trail. Hear some noise. ASHLEY turns the camera to show ISABELLA tripping over a root. Patrick helps catch her.


ASHLEY (V.O.)
(WORRIED)
Oh my god Izzy are you okay!
ISABELLA looks angrily up behind the camera.
ISABELLA
(ANNOYED)
Yeah, I’m fine, but somebody should have warned us about the potential safety hazard!


LAUREN (V.O.)
(SNOTTY)
Well, we wouldn’t have to if somebody didn’t be heels out in the woods.

ISABELLA
Fuck you, Lauren.

LAUREN (V.O.)
Oh wow we are actually graced with the famous Isabella Taylor comeback

ISABELLA
(MUMBLES UNDER BREATH)
You want to see one of my other famous comebacks because you’re about to be wearing it on your eye in 2 seconds.

LAUREN (V.O.)
Whatever can we just keep moving?
ISABELLA is now leaning on PATRICK. ASHLEY turns the camera back to the front. Everyone continues walking.

PATRICK (V.O.)
Yes, please. And ladies the next time you want to fight pick something that’s actually worth fighting over for.

ROSEMARY (V.O.)
And what would that be Patrick?

PATRICK
Well that’s easy. Me.
Everyone groans and keeps walking.

PATRICK
What was it something that I said?
CUT TO:
SCENE 8
EXT. ADIRONDACKS- AROUND 1 O’CLOCK
Everyone is still walking.
RIELY
Hey, Patrick why don’t you do us all a favor, and shut up.
Everyone gives a noise of agreement

PATRICK (V.O.)
Oh please, you all don’t have a sense of humor.

LAUREN (V.O.)
Not when it comes to you.

PATRICK (V.O.)
Oh, whatever.
RYAN
Well okay, folks here we are.

ASHLEY moves the camera around the campsite. Shows round flat area with a fire pit in the middle. A rotting picnic bench is seen in the back. The group moves around in front of camera view.
ASHLEY (V.O.)
Well, it’s not that big, but it’s a great place to start a camp fire.
ISABELLA
How about a camp forest fire. This place is the definition of small.
LAUREN
(SARCASTIC)
Well, we didn’t exactly expect this many people. And if we had realized we wouldn’t meet the expectation of Princess Isabella then we would have changed the location.

ISABELLA
(SARCASTIC)
Well, at least you had me in your head when you picked out the place.


LAUREN
You got it bitch. Oh and Ashley I didn’t know you brought a camera.

ASHLEY (V.O.)
Yeah, I did it so we could record our last memory of each other before we all go off to college.


LAUREN
Well that’s sweet. Hey mind if I hooked up another camera in on this fun fest.

ASHLEY (V.O.)
Sure why not.
ASHLEY moves camera around the campsite. Everyone still in camera view point.
ISABELLA
Seriously you’re letting that hag record us. It’s bad enough with you, but her.

ROSEMARY
Hey everyone has their own right to do whatever.
RILEY
She has a point.
ISABELLA
Oh who even asked you.
ASHLEY’s camera then shows LAUREN walking over to a tree and hanging up camera.
CUT TO:
SCENE 9
EXT. ADIRONDACKS-1 O’CLOCK
LAUREN’s tree camera is turned on. Shows everyone standing around in the campsite. Switches back to ASHLEY’s camera.
CUT TO:

SCENE 10
EXT. ADIRONDACKS-1 O’CLOCK
Camera’s view then switches to the one up in the tree. Shows everyone in sight. People are walking around. ASHLEY and PETER sit at the picnic bench.
CUT TO:
SCENE 11
EXT. ADIRONDACKS-1 O’CLOCK
Camera has switched back to ASHLEY’S camera. ASHLEY moves her camera around and lands on ISABELLA standing by a tree. ROSEMARY is standing near her.
LAUREN (V.O.)
There now we can see everyone.
ISABELLA
(SIGHING)
Well at least that’s the last camera I will see tonight.

ROSEMARY
Well not exactly.
ISABELLA turns to look at ROSEMARY. ISABELLA folds her arms and cocks her hip out.

ISABELLA
(ANNOYED)
What do you mean not exactly?

ROSEMARY
(SHY)
Well Stephanie is bringing her own camera.

ISABELLA
(SARCASTIC)
Great.
ASHLEY (V.O.)
Well until that time how about we turn off the cameras until later. Agreed?

LAUREN (V.O.)
Agreed.
Ashley turns off camera.
CUT TO:
SCENE 12
EXT. ADIRONDACKS- 1 O’CLOCK
Camera then switches to Tree cam. Lauren walks over to it and turns it off.
CUT TO:


SCENE 13
EXT. ADIRONDACKS- 7 O’CLOCK
Tree camera turns back on. Can see LAUREN walking away from it. PATRICK and RIELY are sitting at the table playing with a deck of cards. ASHLEY and ROSEMARY are talking by a tree near the camera. PETER, RYAN, and ISABELLA come into view carrying piles of wood. LAUREN comes to stand next to RYAN and takes part of his pile. ISABELLA drops her pile next to a fire pit. ISABELLA places her hands on her hips and turns to the group.

ISABELLA
(ANNOYED)
Why do I have to help with this part? I mean it’s so gross.
ISABELLA then wipes her hands on her jean shorts. LAUREN turns to look at ISABELLA.
LAUREN
(SARCASTIC)
Oh did the ice queen run into any creepy crawlies.
PETER, LAUREN, and RYAN place their piles of wood on top of ISABELLA’s pile.
PETER
(CHUCKLING)
Actually she did. Right before we came back here she had picked up another branch when she realized it had a centipede on it she flipped.
Everyone is now laughing.
ISABELLA
(POUTING)
Oh please, it was nothing and I did not freak.
ROSEMARY and ASHLEY now walk closer to the group.
CUT TO:






SCENE 13
EXT. ADIRONDACKS- 7 O’CLOCK
ASHLEY’S camera turns on. ASHLEY lifts up the camera and points it towards ISABELLA and LAUREN.

ROSEMARY (V.O.)
(MOCKING)
Oh right……it was nothing she says………she didn’t freak she says. Then please explain to us why we all heard that blood curdling scream. And the words of ‘OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, GET THIS FUCKER OFF OF ME’.
ISABELLA turns to look at ROSEMARY. Places hands on her hips and gives an angry face.
ISABELLA
(ANNOYED)
Oh look little rosie posie has a backbone.
ASHLEY (V.O.)
Hey can we just play nice and have a good time?
ROSEMARY (V.O.)
Yeah I guess.
ISABELLA
(SIGHING)
Fine.
ROSEMARY’s phone goes off. ASHLEY turns her camera to face ROSEMARY.
LAUREN (V.O.)
You gonna answer that?
ROSEMARY takes her phone out of her pocket. Turns phone on to look at the message.
PETER (V.O.)
Who was that?
ROSEMARY
It was Stephanie. She said she is about to pull in. she’ll be here in like 5 min.
ISABELLA (V.O.)
(MAD, ANNOYED, SARCASTIC)
Oh goodie Steph is coming. Now we can all really have some fun. Not.
ROSEMARY looks up at ISABELLA.
ROSEMARY
You know she hates it when you call her that.
ISABELLA smiles menacingly.
ISABELLA (V.O.)
I know, that’s why I do it stupid.
ASHLEY turns the camera to look at ISABELLA.
ASHLEY (V.O.)
Isabella knock it off. Plus if you keep calling her that she keep calling you Ditsy Tisty Izzy.
PETER comes to stand next to ISABELLA and puts a hand around her waist.

PETER
Ashley is right and besides you will have all night and all of college to torment her.
ISABELLA looks up at PETER and smiles secretively.
ISABELLA
Well not all of the night, right?
PETER looks down at her and gives her a quick smirk.
PETER
Right.
Can here RYAN cough in the background.
RYAN (V.O.)
Okay everybody
ASHLEY turns her camera to look at RYAN who is sitting on top of the table.
RYAN (CONT’D)
Now let’s set up and get this party started.
ASHLEY holds the camera so that it is now pointing at the ground. ASHLEY is now walking back to the table.
AHSLEY (V.O.)
So what do you think Stephanie needs a camera for?
ROSEMARY (V.O.)
I have no idea. Hey I think you might want to turn the camera off so it won’t get damaged.
ASHLEY (V.O.)
Good idea.
ASHLEY lifts up the camera and turns it off
CUT TO:
SCENE 14
EXT. ADIRONDACKS- 7 O’CLOCK
STEPHANIE turns her camera on and is stomping through the woods. See branch being smashed away. STEPHANIE makes grunting noises along the way. Sun is setting slightly. Camera is facing away from the lot and the sun. See the expanse of woods. Further back the more darkness that can be seen.

STEPHANIE (V.O.)
(GRUMBLING)
Unbelievable. Can’t believe that Lauren decided to have the party here. This is so fucking stupid.
STEPHANIE turns her camera to face her. She has a smug smile on her face.
STEPHANIE
But it’s all going to be worth it when Isabella sees what I got in store for her. She won’t even know what hit her.
The sun is slowly setting behind her and the woods are getting darker and darker.
STEPHANIE (CONT’D)
So this is how it’s going to go. I’m going to go to the party and play nice, but then when its time I‘m going to wait until everyone is asleep and get back at Isabella. I’m going to shave part of her hair off then attach a black mustache to her face with super glue. Ha it will be the funniest thing in the world. I’ve got it all here in this little bag.
Stephanie lifts up a bag to the cameras view. A noise can then be heard next to her. STEPHANIE turns her head and lowers the camera.
STEPHANIE (V.O.)
Who’s there?
STEPHANIE lifts the camera in the direction of the noise. Can hear a rustling then a flashlight is turned on behind the camera, it is pointed at the noise.
STEPHANIE (V.O.)
(SCARED)
I mean it. Who’s there? I swear to god if that’s you Isabella I will kill you.
ANN (V.O.)
(WHISPER)
Not before I kill you first.
STEPHANIE (V.O.)
What the hell?
STEPHANIE turns around with the camera and points it at ANN. ANN is wearing ripped up clothes with blood coming down her neck. STEPHANIE screams and ANN’s face becomes demonic. STEPHANIE is then pushed and camera falls from her hands. Camera cuts to black.
CUT TO:
SCENE 15
EXT. ADIRONDACKS- 7 O’CLOCK
LAUREN’s tree camera turns on. Scream can be heard. Everyone turns there head to the sound.
ISABELLA
What the hell was that?
RIELY
I have no idea.
PETER, RIELY, ROSEMARY, RYAN, and LAUREN walk slowly forwards toward the sound.
ROSEMARY
It sounded a lot like a human scream.
ISABELLA
Well whatever it was its gone now.
Everyone relaxes. RYAN and PATRICK walk to the fire pit and lay more wood down. They set some paper in the pit. ISABELLA walks over to the pit.
LAUREN
Good I don’t want anything to mess this all up.
ISABELLA
Well I know a person that would mess this up.
CUT TO:
SCENE 16
EXT. ADIRONDACKS- 7 O’CLOCK
ASHLEY turns her camera on and points it at the group. Can see PATRICK stop what he is doing. PATRICK lifts his head up and looks at ISABELLA
PATRICK
Who?
ISABELLA
That loser bitch Ann.
ASHLEY (V.O.)
(SIGHING, SAD)
Isabella stop it what did she ever do to you?
ISABELLA looks at the camera puts her hand on her hips and puts on a potty face.
ISABELLA
Easy she existed. I bet she lives in these woods and is spying on us right now.

LAUREN
Yeah I know right, that cunt always loved girls.
AHSLEY (V.O.)
Come on guys what did Ann ever do to you. She isn’t even here.

ISABELLA starts to walk around the campsite. ASHLEY is following her with the camera.
ISABELLA
Exactly she isn’t here. But I sure wish she was. I would love to give her another beating. God she was always so annoying.
ISABELLA finally stops in front of some trees.
ISABELLA
And where ever she is she’s going to get what she deserves.
The wind starts to pick up
ISABELLA
(YELLING)
You hear that Ann?
Wind is slowly increasing. Camera is still focused on ISABELLA.
ASHLEY (V.O.)
(LOUDLY)
Isabella shut up.
ISABELLA
You’re going to get what you deserve you bitch.


Fire pit then suddenly lights on fire and grows largely. ASHLEY turns her camera to the pit. Turns it back to ISABELLA.
PATRICK (V.O.)
(YELLING)
Holy shit.
ISABELLA is then shoved roughly to the ground by unknown force. She is now screaming. Fire pit returns to normal. PATRICK, LAUREN, PETER, RYAN, and ASHLEY run over to ISABELLA.
ASHLEY (V.O.)
(SCREAMING)
Isabella!
PATRICK (V.O.)
Izzy!
LAUREN (V.O.)
Oh my god!
Everyone runs to ISABELLA and crowds around her.
ISABELLA
(SCREAMING)
Something knocked me down.
AHSLEY (V.O.)
Where are you hurt?
ISABELLA
My back. Oh my god my back is killing me. Get the camera out of my face.
ISABELLA pushes the camera away.
PATRICK (V.O.)
Here give it to me.
ASHLEY gives the camera to PATRICK. PATRICK turns it so the view shows everyone. LAUREN lifts up ISABELLA’s shirt and gasp in shock. Everyone looks and show expressions of shock and horror on their faces.
LAUREN
What the hell is that thing?
PETER
That’s not possible.
RIELY
It can’t be there.
ASHLEY
It’s etched into her freaking back.
ISABELLA
What is it?
RYAN
Patrick get this on camera.
PATRICK moves the camera over ISABELLA’s back. On her back are the words SO ARE YOU scratched into it. Blood is seeping down the wounds.
ISABELLA (V.O.)
(ANGRY, SCARED)
Well what the hell is it?
ASHLEY (V.O.)
It says so are you.
ISABELLA
(SHAKING)
How? That can’t be there.
LAUREN (V.O.)
But it is.
PETER (V.O.)
Should we move her?
ASHLEY (V.O.)
I don’t know. Isabella can you move?
ISABELLA
I……… I don’t know. My back really hurts.
ASHLEY (V.O.)
Come on you’ve got to try. Patrick stand back.


PATRICK moves away from the group. Everyone tries to get ISABELLA to stand. She screams and yells. ISABELLA slowly stands while whimpering. PETER and RYAN each put an arm on their shoulder. They lowly walk her back to the table.
ASHLEY
Guys we’ve got to get her out of here.
ROSEMARY
Yeah she doesn’t look good.
RYAN
But can she make it to the car?
PETER
We will have to try.
RYAN
Alright let’s give it a try.
Can see PETER and RYAN lift ISABELLA again. Slowly walk her back towards the trail.
CUT TO:
SCENE 16
EXT. ADIRONDACKS- 7 O’CLOCK
PETER and RYAN and ISABELLA are walking to the trail. LAUREN and ASHLEY are following behind them.
ASHLEY
Be careful okay? It’s getting dark and the woods are hard to navigate at night.
PETER
I promise. We’ll get her to the hospital and call her family. Then we’ll head back here.
ASHLEY
Okay. I love you.
PETER
Love you too.
RYAN
See you guys in a while.
The guys’ walk out of view. ASHLEY turns around and puts her hand to her head and breathes out slowly.
PATRICK (V.O.)
Hey you okay?
ASHLEY
Yeah just worried. Hey can you give me the camera. I……… I don’t think I want to film this right now.
PATRICK (V.O.)
Okay here.
PATRICK hands the camera to ASHLEY. ASHLEY turns the camera off.
CUT TO:
SCENE 17
EXT. ADIRONDACKS-8 O’CLOCK
Camera turns on. Screen is out of focus, but slowly comes into focus. Dark out but there is night vision on the camera. The camera belongs to PETER.
RYAN (V.O)
Do you think you will be able to see with that thing? I don’t think this is the best time to get lost.
PETER (V.O.)
Yeah tell me about it, but it’s the only thing we’ve got. My phones dead and I left my flashlight in my bag at camp.
RYAN (V.O)
Why didn’t you remember to take it?
PETER (V.O.)
Well I didn’t think I would need it now!
ISABLLA mumbles and the camera is momentarily turned to her as the group stops moving.
PETER (V.O.)
Isabella are you okay?
ISABELLA
(WEAKLY)
Oh I don’t know, my back is fucking killing me because something attacked me and we are still not out of these god dam woods. So please ask me again if I’m okay.
RYAN
What do you mean something attacked you. We were all there when it happened an there was nothing there to grab you.
ISABELLA
I don’t know but right before I got I fell swear to god that I felt something grab me and yank me back.
PETER (V.O)
Well we are hopefully almost to the car and then we won’t have to worry about it.
Camera moves around ISABELLA and RYAN.
RYAN
(WORRIED)
Yeah, but if something attacked her then what if it’s still back at the camp?
PETER (V.O)
Look there was nothing that attacked Izzy. It was just a freak accident.
Wind slightly picks up and there is a very high pitched scream in the air. RYAN and ISABELLA look around with terrified looks on their faces.
ISABELLA
(SCARED)
What the hell was that!
PETER (V.O.)
Maybe it was an animal.
RYAN
Yeah maybe. Come on lets get to the car. The sooner we can get Izzy to the hospital the sooner we can get back here and maybe get everybody to leave.
ISABELLA
Yeah I don’t think we should have left Ashley there.
PETER (V.O.)
Why she can take care of herself.
ISABELLA
I know that but we left her there with Riley. I just don’t trust that guy when he’s around her. He’s always staring at her creepily.

PETER (V.O.)
You don’t think he would do something to hurt her
ISABELLA
I have got no idea.
PETER (V.O.)
Well come on lets go.
The group starts to walk again. A loud crack can be heard off screen. ISABELA screams and RYAN and PETER jump. RYAN hands ISABELLA fully over to PETER. PETER’s camera moves to show RYAN walking around carefully, shouting.
RYAN
(SHOUTING)
Alright mother fucker! Whose ever doing this it’s not funny. Come out right now.
Everything gets really quiet then there is a moment of stillness.
ISABELLA
Maybe it was nothing
PETER (V.O.)
Yeah come on we have to get to the car.
RYAN
Yeah maybe it was an animal. It’s just this is all starting to get to my head.
RYAN starts to walk over. RYAN then gets jerked by his jacket, he stops and looks scared. Hear same crack but closer. RYAN turns to look at noise. Look of shock on face.
PETER (V.O.)
(SHOCKED)
Holy shit.

ISABELLA
(SCARED, SLOWLY)
Ry………………………?
RYAN looks back and is then grabbed and thrown in to the woods. Ryan screams.
ISABELLA
(SCREAMING, HYSTERICAL)
RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PETER hands the camera to ISABELLA. Starts walking over to where RYAN was previously.
ISABELLA
(HYSTERICAL)
Nonononononono…………plea……se……………..please don’t leave me
PETER
(SCARED)
I……I have to go get him and make sure he’s okay.
ISABELLA (V.O.)
(HYSTERICAL)
No what if you end up like him. We have to go. Please let’s just go.
PETER
We can’t just leave him……………Ryan!!! Ryan where are you.
Camera tracks his movement as PETER walks slowly. Comes to an abrupt stop. Looks at something in the woods. Eyes get wider.
PETER
(SHOCK, SCARED)
What the hell?
ISABELLA (V.O.)
Wha………what is it?
Camera moves to where PETER is looking. Can see two shiny orbs in the bushes. Loud screech sounds from the orbs and bushes move.
PETER (V.O.)
(SLIGHTLY QUIET)
Run
ISABELLA (V.O.)
What?
PETER (V.O.)
(SCREAMING)
RUN!!!!!
Camera turns as PETER and ISABELLA tart to run. Inhumanly scream can be heard behind them. Can hear PETER fall. ISABELLA turns around and camera focuses on PETER.
ISABELLA (V.O.)
Peter come on.
PETER tries to get up but is quickly dragged into the woods screaming.
ISABELLA (V.O.)
(SCREAMING)
PETER!!!!!!!!!
ISABELLA turns around and starts running.
CUT TO:
SCENE 18
EXT. WOODS-NIGHT
Tree cam. Group in view. ASHLEY sitting on table with ROSEMARY. LAUREN pacing, PATRICK and RIELY stoking fire.

LAUREN
They should have been back by now right? I……I mean it shouldn’t take someone this long right?
PATRICK
Lauren they’ve only been gone for 10 minutes. They have to take Izzy to the hospital then come back, and besides the nearest hospital is about 20 minutes away.
LAUREN
So! Hasn’t it been long enough…… they should be back why aren’t they back?
See ROSEMARY pick up camera.
CUT TO:
SCENE 19
EXT. WOODS-NIGHT
Handheld cam. ROSEMARY points to LAUREN.
ROSEMARY (V.O.)
Lauren he basically said it was going to take a while so chill.
Looks at ROSEMARY.
LAUREN
(FURIOUS)
Chill? CHILL! My boyfriend is out there taking a girl who was just attacked by god knows what to the hospital. In the dark, wandering around a place where said thing might still be lurking……and you want me to chill.
Starts to charge at ROSE.

LAUREN
AND GET THAT FUCKING CAMERA OUT OF MY FACE!
PATRICK and grabs LAUREN. Begins thrashing in arms. ASHLEY walks in front of them.
ASHLEY
Hey calm down. They’re going to be fine. They’re probably in the car right now about to head into the parking lot. Right?
Nervously agrees
ASHLEY
Okay. See, there’s nothing to b worried about. They’re absolutely perfectly fine.
CUT TO:
SCENE 20
EXT. ADIRONDACKS- MIDNIGHT
Handheld cam. Hear someone running.
ISABELLA (V.O.)
(SCREAMING)
Help me!
Hear shuffle. Pulls out a flashlight and turns on. Moves camera around the woods swiftly along with the flashlight. Hear labored breathing.
ISABELLA (V.O.)
(YELLING)
Help.
Hear ISABELLA trip onto the ground. Low breathing can be heard. Pointed at ISABELLA. ISABELLA is moving her fingers on the ground. Something grabs her leg. ISABELLA now screams bloody murder. She is dragged away by unidentified invisible force. Force lets go. Scrambles to find camera. Finds and picks up. Starts to run again.
ISABELLA (V.O.)
(YELLING)
Help me. SOMEBODY HELP ME!
Frantic running. Slowly comes to a stop. Labored breathing. Moves around. Hear a twig snap out. ISABELLA turns the camera around to the sound.
ISABELLA (V.O.)
(YELLING)
Who’s there?
Camera moves swiftly to another sound that can be heard.
ISABELLA (V.O.)
(CRYING, YELLING)
Show yourself you bastard!
Moves around. Hear another noise. Turns to it. Hear quiet laugh close to camera. Quickly turns to noise. Flashlight shines on a girl in ripped up clothing covered in blood.
ISABELLA (V.O.)
(SCREAMING)
Oh MY GOD!
ISABELLA is pushed down. Camera lands a few feet away from her. Can see ANN standing behind her. ISABELLA trying to crawl towards the camera, she is whimpering softly. ANN is slowly coming up behind her. ANN leans down to pick up a large rock. ISABELLA slowly is close to reaching the camera when ANN grabs hold of her. Can see ISABELLA turns on her back trying to fight her off. ISABELLA is screaming loudly. Turns and drags ISABELLA away. Stops. ISABELLA still screaming. ANN rapidly beating ISABELLA’S head in. Screaming stops.
CUT TO:
SCENE 21
EXT. ADIRONDACKS-NIGHT
Tree cam. Everyone sitting around. Hear ISABELLA scream. All turn to noise.
CUT TO:
SCENE 22
EXT. ADIRONDACKS-NIGHT
Handheld cam. Everyone gets up.
PATRICK
What the fuck was that.
LAUREN
I………I don’t know?
ASHLEY
I think that was Izzy.
ISABELLA screams again.
ASHLEY
ISABELLA!
ISABELLA (V.O.)
HELP ME! SOMEBODY HELP ME!
ASHLEY
ISABELLA!
PATRICK
IZZY!
ISABELLA screams again. Screaming stops.
ASHLEY
ISABELLA!
LAUREN
Wh……why did she stop screaming?
PATRICK
I……I don’t know.
LAUREN
Why did she stop screaming?
PATRICK
(SHOUTS)
I don’t know.
ASHLEY
(FRANTIC)
We have to get her. We have to save her.
RILEY
We can’t.
ASHLEY
Well we can’t just leave her there!
RILEY
We don’t even know if it’s her.
ASHLEY
It has to be her.
PATRICK
Yeah well what if it isn’t?
ROSEMARY (V.O)
Well even if it isn’t that was still some girl who was screaming for help, either way we should go see who it was.
PATRICK
Yeah well I’m voting on no.
ASHLEY
What! Why? What if that was Isabella screaming for help because they’re in trouble. We can’t just leave them out there.
PATRICK
Who cares, I never liked them any way. And besides why would you want to go save those two when there doing it behind your back!
LAUREN
Patrick!
RILEY
Shit man. Why’d you say that?
ASHLEY
(SHOCKED,QUIET)
What?
PATRICK
Oh what……little miss golden girl didn’t know? Well to fucking bad. It’s about time that someone told her. Yeah that’s right Ashley your loving boyfriend is shacking up with your so called bff.
ASHLEY
You………fucking………BASTARD!
ASHLEY lunges at PATRICK. Hear faint noise. Everyone screaming.
ROSEMARY
(SHOUTING)
Everyone shut the fuck up!
Goes quiet.
ROSEMARY (V.O.)
Did anyone hear that.
PATRICK
(ANNOYED)
Hear what?
STEPHANIE/ANN (V.O.)
ROSE HELP ME!
ROSEMARY (V.O.)
(SHOUTING)
Stephanie!!! OMG Ashley take this.
Hands ASHLEY camera.
ASHLEY (V.O)
What…………wait Rose where are you going?
ROSMARY starts to run.
ROSEMARY
I have to get her. She hates the woods. And what if she found the guys and Izzy?
Disappears in woods. ASHLEY starts to walk towards the woods. PATRICK step in front of her.
PATRICK
Whoa……where do you think you’re going?
ASHLEY (V.O.)
I’m going after her. We can’t just leave her out there. What if she gets lost, or hurt?
RILEY
Okay, but you and Patrick stay here and me and Lauren will go. That way we can go and look for everyone else.

PATRICK
Yeah that seems like a good plan. Right Ashley?
RILEY
(CONCERNED)
Hey………
Looks at ASHLEY. Smiling affectionately.
RILEY
We’ll find them don’t worry about it. I’m here for you okay?
ASHLEY (V.O)
(DETACHED, HALLOW)
Um……yeah sure.
Loses smile, turning sinister. Gone quickly.
RILEY
Alight Lauren lets go.
Switches to tree cam. RIELY and LAUREN walk towards woods. ASHLEY sits back down.
CUT TO:

SCENE 23
EXT. ADIRONDACKS-NIGHT
ANN’s camera. ROSEMARY standing slightly away from camera. Holding STEPHANIE’s camera.
LAUREN (V.O)
ROSE! Can you hear me?
Slightly turns to voice.
ROSEMARY
Over hear!
LAUREN and RILEY slightly jog to ROSEMARY.
LAUREN
Hey what are you doing here. I thought you were looking for Stephanie?
ROSEMARY
Yeah but I found this.
RILEY
What is it?

ROSEMARY
It’s Stephanie’s camera. Look there’s a clip on here that’s looks like these woods.
Plays video. Hears Stephanie’s last moments.
LAUREN
(SHOCKED)
Wait was that Ann?
RILEY looks shocked then angry.
RILEY
What! Let me see that.
Storms over to them and snatches the camera. Shoves LAUREN to the ground.
LAUREN
Hey watch it!
Plays video. LAUREN looks around and slowly gets up. Notices the camera.
LAUREN
Hey what’s that?
Crawls over to camera, RILEY in background looking shocked and confused. Grabs it and stands up.
ROSEMARY (V.O.)
Hey what is that?
LAUREN
(ANNOYED)
Well I don’t know. Hmmm let me think, oh that’s right it’s a camera.
POSEMARY walks to stand next to LAUREN.
ROSEMARY
Hey Riley come check this out.
EXT. ADIRONDACKS-NIGHT
Camera switches to STEPHANIE’s. RILEY walks over and puts it on stump. Walks to stand next to LAUREN and ROSEMARY.
RILEY
Does it have a name on it?
LAUREN
Um let me check. Yup it says here that it belongs to……………no fucking way
ROSEMARY
What……what is it? Who does it belong to?
LAUREN
Ann Murtaugh.
ROSEMARY
What?
LAUREN
Ann fucking murtaugh.
ROSEMARY
Here let me see this.
Takes camera.
ROSEMARY
No way. Hey look there’s a video on here.
RILEY slowly starts to back away. ROSEMARY plays the video.
LAUREN
What the hell is this?
ROSEMARY
Hey riley……… is… that you? Oh my god, what?! ………Riley……what did you do?
ROSEMARY looks up to find RILEY gone.
ROSEMARY
Riley?
RILEY comes back into shot. Holding branch he smashes it into LAUREN’s head. ROSEMARY stumbles and falls, clutching the camera.
ROSEMARY
(SCREAMING)
RILEY!
RILEY drops the branch. Ragged, looks up slowly.
RILEY
Rosie give me the camera.
ROSEMARY
Wha……what?
RILEY
I said give me the camera.
ROSEMARY
Why? Why did you do that?
RILEY
Rose……give me the camera.
ROSEMARY
No
RILEY
Give it to me, now.
ROSEMARY
No.
RILEY
(SCREAMING)
GIVE ME THE CAMERA!
ROSEMARY
(SCREAMING)
NO!
RILEY slowly starts to laugh and inches towards ROSEMARY. Brings rope out from behind his back
RILEY
Rosie……rosie……rosie. I thought you were going to be a good little sister and give me that camera. I can’t have you ruining everything for me, so I guess I just have to take matters into my own hands.
ROSEMARY
What? Where did you get that rope?
RILEY
Well I kinda left it here after my little excursion from last time.
ROSEMARY
What little excursion?
RILEY
(LAUGHING)
Well you see if I told you I would have to kill you. Ha! See what I did there I made a joke, because you see I’m going to kill you anyway.
ROSEMARY starts to cry.
ROSEMARY
Please stop.
RILEY
Oh is little Rosie Posie about to cry. Don’t worry sis…your misery is about to end.
RILEY lunges at ROSEMARY. Tackles her, puts rope around her neck. ROSEMARY struggles.
RILEY
You know I really didn’t want to hurt you little sister.
Ties the rope around her neck. Drags the rope and throws it over a branch. Pulls hard as ROSEMARY is hoisted into the air flailing.
RILEY
(WINDED)
But………no one………and I mean no one……is going to get………in……the way……of……our happiness. There all better. Not gonna make a noise now are you.
ROSEMARY slowly sops struggling. RLEY drops the rope and lets ROSEMARY’s body fall to the ground.
RILEY
Now……on to Patrick.
Turns around and starts to whistle while walking away. Stops and turns back around for the camera. Picks it up and looks into it and smiles, turns camera off.

SCENE 24
EXT. WOODS-NIGHT
PATRICK picks up ASHLEY’s camera. Walks over to ASHLEY sitting on the table.
PATRICK (V.O)
Hey how you holding up?
ASHLEY looks up.
ASHLEY
Um I really don’t know. This is just really overwhelming.
PATRICK (V.O)
Well it could be worse
ASHLEY
How?
PATRICK (V.O)
Well you could have found the 2 of them together.
ASHLEY
(ANGRY)
Seriously? What the fuck is wrong with you. You’re really going to say that now!
PATRICK (V.O)
What! Jeez what the hell’s up with you.
ASHELY
Seriously? Oh I don’t know how about the fact that my ex-best friend was attacked by god knows what. My ex-boyfriend and my other friends are gone and we have no idea where they are or if they’re safe and you want to know what’s wrong with me. Well fuck you! And get that fucking camera out of my face!
ASHLEY shoves PATRICK.
PATRICK (V.O)
Well you don’t need to act like a bitch.
ASHLEY
Oh Fuck You!
Rustling can be heard off camera. PATRICK and ASHLEY turn to noise. RILEY runs out from the bushes. Looks scared and out of breath.
PATRICK (V.O)
What the hell happened to you?
RILEY
Patrick I need your help!
ASHLEY
What is it?
RILEY
We found the guys and they’re okay, but we need Patrick’s help to get Stephanie. The girls went up ahead to get the car so you and me have to help get her to the car to.
ASHLEY
Oh my god is she okay?
RILEY
She’s okay, but unconscious.
PATRICK
Um….oaky Ashley here, take the camera.
PATRICK and RILEY run into the woods. ASHLEY sits down on the bench. Sets the camera on the table.

© Copyright 2017 Amelia Parker (grimmmoxie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2133194-Night-of-Memories