*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2133535-In-Court
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2133535
Flash Fiction
In Court

“Mr. Grant, you are the medical examiner for Bilberry, is that correct?” said the prosecuting attorney to the witness on the stand.

“That is correct.”

“So, you did the autopsy on Louis Bank, is that also correct?”

“Yes sir.”

“The defense is trying to have us believe that Alex Reed could not have killed Louis Banks, because he was already dead when Mr. Reed ran into him with his automobile. Is that correct?”

“Yes sir.”

“...and, you also believe this to be true. Is that correct?”

“Yes sir.”

“However, this report, your report, has noted at least fifteen potentially deadly injuries on Louis Bank’s body consistent with being struck by Mr. Reed’s car. Isn’t that true?”

“Yes sir, because...”

“Stop. Please, just answer my questions. How you can find fifteen separate deadly injuries consistent with being struck by Mr. Reed’s automobile on Louis Bank, and yet still maintain that Mr. Reed did not kill Louis Bank when he hit him.”

“There was a large incision on the back of Mr. Bank’s head, and his brain had been removed.”

“So, if we listen to you, you are trying to make us believe that Mr. Banks could not have been crossing the street when he was hit by the car?”

“Yes, I am positive he would not be able to cross a street without his brain, although, there seems to be evidence at this moment that a person without a brain could get a job as a prosecuting attorney...”
© Copyright 2017 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2133535-In-Court