*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2133596-The-Brick-Stories
by Buggle
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #2133596
I do not know where I will go with it, but I am having fun writing it. More to come!
The Brick Stories

Finally, it was a the day. Snaps first day with the Diggers. He had been waiting his whole life for this. Planning and training. Years of practice and he was finally ready to join them.
The Diggers of Legonis were, in Snaps mind, the most important part of society. They faced many a danger to bring the most valuable and rare bricks to the Architects, who then used them to build and repair the township. Only the best were chosen to be Diggers and venture into The Pile.
Snaps stood in front of the Brick Council and nervously waited for the announcement. His eyes darted around the Council Chambers, looking at the grand designs and elegant decorations.
“Snaps!” A voice rang out. “You have made your plea to join the Diggers to us, and we have reviewed it.” Said High Councillor Click. “Do you wish to hear our verdict?”
“Yes, Councillor” responded Snaps, as he lowered his head in a bow. He looked at the High Councillor and thought about why it was that all the Council wore beards. Is it to try to make them look wise? Did they have spare beards around for when a new lego fig was elected into the Council? Maybe it is like a badge of office or something, but anyone could wear a beard if they wanted.
Clicks voice rang out again, bringing Snaps attention back to the moment. “The Brick Council has reviewed your application. We have interviewed your mentors. We have studied your test results. You have asked to be placed with the esteemed Diggers of Legonis. Most of your teachers feel that you would do well in such a position. Master Baton of the Defenders gives you high praise in your combat prowess. Master Medine of the Healers said you are more than adequate with first aid care. Whereas Master Teknic of the Architects is the only one who gave you low marks. He claims your building abilities are that of a inept child. Lucky for you, building is not a large part of being a Digger. Your other teachers speak highly of you as well. We, of the council, have deemed that you may join the Diggers.”
Cheers rang from the crowd behind Snaps as he let out a sigh of relief. His friends and teachers told him that he would be approved, but he was never sure of it in his mind.
“You will report to Master Jones of the Diggers at first light. You are dismissed” Councillor Click said with a wave of his hand, dismissing Snaps.

Snaps left the Council chambers and was met with a hard impact to his chest as his childhood friend, Bricklia, ambushed him with a squeezing hug.
“I told you the Council would accept your application, Snaps!” She said with a grin as she let go of him.
Snaps had known Bricklia since right after he was molded. They had grown up together. She was the first to tell him to follow his dreams of being a Digger, even though she wanted nothing more than to be one of the Bankers. She sure did love numbers.
© Copyright 2017 Buggle (breadbowl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2133596-The-Brick-Stories